These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Variax Guitars / Bass / Workbench

HOW CAN I GET A REPLACEMENT XPS POWER SUPPLY????????
by openarms on 2010-02-18 19:59:05

I HAVE BEEN TRYING FOR SEVERAL MONTHS TO GET ANOTHER POWER SUPPLY FOR MY VARIAX!!!!! I BUT IN SUPORT QUESTIONS, JUST TO HAVE THEM NOT ANSWERED. I HAVE ORDERED THEM ONLY TO BE TOLD THEY ARE OUT OF STOCK.

CALLED MY SERVICE CENTER WHO PROMISED BUT NEVER ANSWERED BACK. AND FINALLY, ORDERED FROM "SWEETWATER" WHO IS THE "ONLY" HELP I HAVE ACTUALLY RECEIVED. THEY AT LEAST TOLD ME THAT LINE 6 HAS "DISCONTINUED" THIS ITEM.

I HAVE FOUR (4) $1,500.00 GUITARS THAT ARE USELESS UNDER SOME CIRCUMSTANCES!!!!!!! MY PATIENCE IS AT THE LIMIT.

AT ONE TIME I REALLY PUSHED EVERYTHING LINE 6 BUT NOW FEEL PRETTY STUPID. I OWN TWO (2) VETTA'S A X3 LIVE, POD XT LIVE.

WHAT IS THE DEAL? PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, DO SOMETHING TO SUPPORT YOUR PRODUCTS.

Re: HOW CAN I GET A REPLACEMENT XPS POWER SUPPLY????????
by BigChas52 on 2010-02-18 20:17:04

At the very bottom of this page there is a link that says "Contact Us"  You will find Line 6 phone numbers there.  I would call them directly and ask for the parts department.  I don't know for sure if they can help you on this specific item, but I have found them very helpful in the past.  Good luck.

by amx05462 on 2010-02-19 09:01:32

i dont think line 6  sells  those  anymore    try  this  link

http://www.thomann.de/gb/line6_xps_mini_power_supply.htm

or you can try ebay

by openarms on 2010-02-19 09:09:51

It really upsets me that Line 6 continues to make the product and profit from it but does not even respond to my requests. I have been trying to get through to them for almost a year.

I can't even determine if the "mini-xps" will supply power to a 1/4" and XLR, or either.

by BigChas52 on 2010-02-19 09:12:20

The Mini-XPS does not have an XLR out.  It was made for the Variax300.  Seriously, I suggest that you phone Line 6 and talk to the parts guy.  They may be able to help.

Line 6 - North America

Line 6, Inc.
26580 Agoura Road
Calabasas, CA 91302-1921
Main Phone#: (818) 575-3600
Main Fax#: (818) 575-3601
Line 6 - International

Line 6, Inc.
4 Sopwith Way
Drayton Fields Industrial Estate
Daventry, Northamptonshire
United Kingdom, NN118PB

Telefon: +44 (0) 1327 302 700
Fax: +44 (0) 1327 302 702

by openarms on 2010-02-19 09:15:42

I am on the phone as I write and have been waiting to approx 15 minutes so far.

by openarms on 2010-02-19 10:56:05

Just today, not including all of the time and effort in the past year, including a driver of more than 70 miles one way just to be overcharged by the "authorized service center" and get on "volume pot". I have now spent more than 2 hours trying to get in touch with Line 6 by phone. On hold for 30 mins. put in my phone number for and "automated call back without losing my place in line" (DON'T BELIEVE IT!!)

Finally, I called back 40 mins waiting. Then I spoke to someone who has put me on hold for "PARTS" and I am third in line. I was second in line when I spent the 40 mins.

This is unprofessional, exhausting and completely ridiculous. Don't buy Line 6!!! You can't use what you can't get parts for. I have now spent a huge amount of time, effort and money trying to keep 4 Variax's, two pods, and two Vettas'.

I have just been "CUT OFF" after another 30 mins with the message "We are sorry, customer service is in a meeting. Please, call back in an hour."

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?????????????????????????????

I am normally extremely easy to get on with but this is too much. I will spend at least as much time doing bad PR for Line 6 as I have done in good PR and attempts at parts and service. This is one company that as far as I can see deserves to go under.

No wonder people are taking the guts out of these things and making there own stuff.

Now, if I don't get some satisfaction from them soon I will commit myself to getting on every review site that I can possibly find and share this information so other people won't end up going through the same things. THAT IS A PROMISE!!!!!

Man, it hurts to think how many people I have actually talked into Line 6 products.

RE: HOW CAN I GET A REPLACEMENT XPS POWER SUPPLY????????
by AndyParedes on 2010-02-19 15:22:17

Hello,

The XPS is still available, but you will need to special order the part from an authorized Line 6 dealer. If the dealer tells you they cannot special order the part, they are mistaken. The part number is 50-00-0148.

Re: RE: HOW CAN I GET A REPLACEMENT XPS POWER SUPPLY????????
by openarms on 2010-02-20 14:29:10

I have contacted my dealer and am waiting for his response to Line6Andy's solution.

by lagen on 2010-02-22 08:49:46

WERE IS MY POST????

by openarms on 2010-03-16 20:19:57

UPDATE: This is March 16th almost the 17th and I am still waiting for Sweetwater to be able to order the XPS box. They can't or haven't gotten an update on my order place a month ago using the number Line6Andy gave me.

I have four Variax's and can only use two of them because of this issue. HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP!

by amx05462 on 2010-03-20 15:24:49

go to radio shack buy a 9 volt dc power supply and  connect  it to the  battery connector  .

by openarms on 2010-03-20 15:36:13

Thanks. I am aware that I can use a "work around" that requires I run another cable to my guitars but that is a "mess" on stage, to say the least. Using the "TRS" cable is all I want, just as it is made to use.

After calling Sweetwater back yesterday, a call was returned to me saying that the "XPS" boxes have been back ordered from Line6. Hopefully, I will get one in April.

WOW! That would be great. It has only been six (6) months that I have been trying and countless hours. I have even bidded on Ebay for one.

I am still waiting.

I am now looking at switching back to standard guitars. The support issue is just too bad.

by lagen on 2010-03-21 14:10:20

*****I am now looking at switching back to standard guitars. The support  issue is just too bad.***

+10

by fgunch on 2011-05-17 18:06:23

Thomann claimed to have them via their on-line catalog.  However, when I ordered one they gave me the runaround.  The next day, the item had disappeared from their catalog.

by amx05462 on 2011-05-18 13:49:15

http://www.thomann.de/gb/line6_xps_mini_power_supply.htm

just checked  it  a  minute  ago  its  listed.

by Colin2113 on 2011-09-21 15:52:25

I have a Variax 300 and yes it came with the XPS mini, are you saying the XPS with the XLR out is not compatiable with the Variax 300? I'm just curious for the acoustic tones even though I run it through my HD500.

by JellyWheat on 2011-09-21 16:29:05

(8>z}... I really don't want to touch this one with a ten-foot-pole (No offense to the Russians in the thread!), but some things should be stated for the record:

1. Line 6 says that the XPS Mini is the only external power supply to use with the 300-series, due to their requirement for slightly more power than the other Variaxes. Some of us (located in North America) have found this to be true, whilst other users in the UK have powered their 300-series Variaxes with the A/B boxes that come with the 700-series without issue.
  2. I agree that a "work-around" for the battery connector is not a viable solution for a stage setup. One good heel stomp and the wire from the 9V converter is toast, not to mention the mess caused by a plethora of connections onstage. No, thank you, ma'am!

As to Line 6 customer service... I really don't want to go there, since I have solved my issues in that regard another way. I still maintain that the correct placefor the Variax guts is in a rack mounted unit, and NOT onboard a guitar. But that's just my opinion... YMMV.

Good luck.

JellyWheat

by Colin2113 on 2011-09-24 11:24:05

I acutally located an authorized LINE6 dealer that has the XPS boxes with the XLR out. Send me a message if you need the information.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.