These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Line 6 Monkey won't recognise hardware
by ottocrat on 2009-03-27 01:15:05

I just bought a TonePort UX1.  I'm running Mac OS 10.5.6.  The device driver is installed and appears to be running correctly - OSX recognises it and it works in Garage Band for example.  The driver is version 3.2.6.  When I launch Line 6 Monkey it searches for all devices and then reports 'no devices detected'.  I'm using the cable that came with the TonePort, and I've tried using other cables.  I've used both USB ports available to me (I'm on a Macbook Pro), and I don't have any other USB devices plugged in.  What to do?

(Apologies for the double post - I asked this in an existing thread which had been marked 'answered' but it didn't attract any attention.)

Re: Line 6 Monkey won't recognise hardware
by Rowbi on 2009-03-27 01:54:20

ok, it sounds like you've tried out some good things.  like different cable and different ports.

what about uninstalling all line6 software and drivers, and then downloading them again fresh from this site (the latest versions) and seeing if that helps?

also, what about testing it on another PC/MAC?  as if you've just bought it, then there's always a small chance that it's a faulty unit.  if it doesn't work on the other machine, then I'd definately think there's a high chance the toneport is at fault, and I'd contact the store you bought it from to arrange a replacement.

oh, and the threads that are marked as answered, just reply to the thread, and at the top above your reply (when you type it and before you submit it) you should be able to select that it's not answered.

by ottocrat on 2009-03-27 02:09:27

Thanks a lot for this - I'll do as you suggest and reinstall everything, see if that works.  Unfortunately I don't have access to a second machine so I won't be able to try that; but if reinstalling doesn't work I guess I'll take it back and swap it.  Gives me the excuse to go and browse for more goodies...

Thanks again.

by crboris on 2009-03-27 08:36:40

I am in the same boat.  Line 6 Monkey will not recognize the UX1 hardware on my mac either.  

by ChaChing on 2009-03-27 16:21:19

Hi,

Actually those are very old drivers. Did you install straight from the disc? Are you using Line 6 Monkey 1.15? If so, this response is not uncommon. You will just need to download the newest version of Monkey v1.27 & install it. Then with the TonePort connected, run it. Even if it does not recognize the UX2, continue on until you are able to update your drivers in the 'updates' tab. Until you have the newest / correct drivers, it may not be recognized, so be sure to have 4.0.1 drivers installed. From there you should be able to update any / all software in Monkey.

Line6Sach

by ottocrat on 2009-03-31 12:40:50

Thanks for the help, just to note for future reference that downloading the latest version of Line 6 Monkey fixed the problem.

by renhoelder on 2009-04-15 04:28:52

Hi,

I have kinda the same problem, so I didn't start a new thread for this. My problem is this though, my Line 6 Monkey says no devices detected and gives me options to configure an Podxt, Podxt Live or Podxt Pro. I tried to uninstall and reinstall Line 6 Monkey but to no avail, still the same problem. I have the latest updates on my OS X and the latest version of Monkey. I don't have another computer to test it either. It's not that it won't work or get recognized by Pod Farm or Guitarrig, it's just that I can't update/buy software in this situation. Any ideas? Thanks!

by p0lyg0n on 2009-04-18 10:02:56

I have a same problem. POD farm works right, but monkey doesn't recognise Toneport UX1.

Log file contains these lines:

-----------------------------------------------
- Monkey started: Sat Apr 18 21:00:21 2009
-----------------------------------------------

Mac OS 10.5.6
Downloading config file: http://line6.com/dispatch/monkey.html?appid=2097217542&deviceid=4294967295&lang=en_US&page=releases
Redirecting to: http://line6.com/software/disabledreleases.xml
Loading server XML
Monkey URL set to: http://line6.com/dispatch/monkey.html
Camel server set to: 4750.line6.net
Creating Camel system with timeout of: 60
Initializing camel: camel://gpta.line6.net/camel/
Attempting user login: User=p0lyg0nPass=d076d6d8bb181d6178286476a99944ba
Getting driver versions...
Found: 288 bundles
Found matching L6Driver: com.line6.driver.xtaudio
Found version string: 4.0.1
Driver added: 0x00007003
Couldn't find a device descriptor...thats ok, creating one.
Created device description: VID=0x0E41 PID=0x4150 Name=UX1 UID=Line 6 UX1: 01707470 DriverVer=4.0.1
Fired CONNECTED dev change notification for: UX1
Previous app device found: connection=0 in= out= id=4294967295
Created Monkey device: UX1
Device not supported.
Scanning for all MIDI devices.
Sending MIDI inquiry on output port: UX1
Forcing MIDI product ID:196610
##########################
Device: PODxt
Attributes:
   Uses AC Power
   Using Forced Connection
   Supports Add-ons
   Has ESN
   Supports patch bundles
USB Connection Info: None
MIDI Connection Info: None
ESN: 00000000
USB Firmware Version: 0.00
Comm Error: (Code 00000000) Success.
##########################
Please help!

by p0lyg0n on 2009-04-19 01:38:50

I test monkey on WinXP and it works good. So, I think that MacOS X version have a bug. ***Waiting for reply***

by jayjacque on 2011-01-15 11:15:26

I keep having this same problem on 2 different computers. It's really frustrating. Right now I'm pulling out my hair on a Toshiba windows 7, everything plugged in properly, uninstalled and re-installed numerous times, and still no recognition of spider IV 75 or the FBV floorboard.

by marianarakel on 2011-07-26 18:06:22

Hello, I have a similar problem. I installed OS X Lion and when I realized toneport was not working (On Leopard it worked fine) I reinstalled drivers and gearbox (that was gone by the way! I don t no why...) but no one still recognizes hardware? What shoul I do? Is there a problem with OS X Lion? Thanx.

Sorry! problem solved! I thought I did but I actually didnt have the latest update and driver. I installed driver again and updated Line 6 Monkey and voilà! Thanx.

by anandaltekar on 2012-05-12 07:19:23

Hi Sach,

I'm Running Mac OS X Lion ver 10.7.4.

Line6 Monkey ver 1.53.0

When I start monkey it says I have no drivers installed and the newest available drivers are 7.1.5.

I downloaded and installed the drivers twice. The first time I installed them, the installation after finishing restrated my computer.

I have a POD XT LIVE and my computer is not recognizing it.

Please help me find a solution.

Thanks a lot.

Anand.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.