These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD 2.0, PODxt Family, Pocket POD, FloorPODs

My POD XT won't make a sound :(
by Six_Killer666 on 2010-02-26 15:11:08

I have connected my POD XT using a USB cable, I have selected the POD as my default recording device. I have Gearbox and I have Line6 Monkey, the problem is that I can't select it as a playback device in the Windows Sound settings menu. It shows up as a speaker and if I select it, it won't work :S. I have tried plugging it directly into my soundcard and that does work. But why won't it work using USB cables?

Help would be very much appreciated

Re: My POD XT won't make a sound :(
by BigChas52 on 2010-02-26 18:55:14

PODs do not transmit sound via the USB cable.  Connecting it to your sound card is the correct method.  The other method would be to connect powered speakers to your XT.

Re: My POD XT won't make a sound :(
by Six_Killer666 on 2010-02-27 03:20:10

If you say so, but then how does the USB recording work?

RE: My POD XT won't make a sound :(
by Line6Hugo on 2010-03-02 11:48:09

Six_killer,

When you select the PODxt as the default playback device, the PODxt becomes your soundcard. You will need to connect speakers or headphones to the outputs of your PODxt as BigChas52 mentioned.

For USB recording, you first needs to select the PODxt ASIO audio driver in the recording program's preferences. Then, make sure to connect your headphones or speakers to the outputs of the PODxt.

Regards,

Line6Hugo

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.