These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Vyzex Editor

Vyzex for Pocket POD software
by homerjay45 on 2010-02-26 18:42:33

I have had my Pocket POD for almost 5 years and I used to connect it to my computer and edit the sounds because it was easier.  My computer has crashed and I bought a new one now I can't find the software download for the program.  Please help.

Thanks

Robert Wappel

Re: Vyzex for Pocket POD software
by BigChas52 on 2010-02-26 18:49:01

It's in the downloads area http://line6.com/software/

by homerjay45 on 2010-02-26 19:52:22

I found that, but I don't think they have a version that works with windows 7 yet?

by BigChas52 on 2010-02-26 20:05:18

Have you tried it?  My understanding is that the current release will work on Win 7.

by homerjay45 on 2010-02-27 08:49:10

I tried it last night and it loads on the computer and seems to work but won't link with the pocket pod through USB.  It keeps asking for a midi conection.

RE: Vyzex for Pocket POD software
by Line6Hugo on 2010-03-02 16:42:43

At this time we do not support the usage of the Vyzex software with the Pocket POD on a Windows 7 machine just yet.

I do recommend going over the following document for connectivity issues, but keep in mind we cannot provide support for the software at this time:

http://line6.com/community/docs/DOC-1382

Regards,

Line6Hugo

Re: RE: Vyzex for Pocket POD software
by PsicraftTony on 2010-03-02 18:50:35

Hi Everyone,

Although Vyzex Pocket POD v1.17 was developed before Windows 7 was released, it does work on this update to the Windows operating system.

(I am running the program on Windows 64-bit right now without any troubles at all, for example!)

Addtionally, the Windows 7 class compliant (supplied with the OS) USB MIDI driver is fully compatible with Pocket POD. If anyone encounters an issue connecting on any supported Windows version (XP, Vista, & 7) it is not the Pocket POD or the Vyzex Editor's fault - Please check out the Troubleshooting PDF document posted in this forum (and included in the Vyzex Editor's Manual set) for more information on how to deal with USB driver conflicts or Windows device limit problems.

Best regards,

Tony

by PaxGreger on 2010-04-24 01:09:52

Hey.

I just installed it and had the same problem.

The program gave a error message, cant find MIDI.

I just clicked the picture, and the program starts.

After some seconds(maybe 5) the program find Pocked POD.

And load the patches = all ok.

If you have problem still.

I recomend you uninstall all Vyzex software, and maybe use REVO Uninstaller(FREE) to do the job.

It search registry and find leftover files that sometimes are left behind by bad programmers(I don't say that it is so in this case...).

Im sure you sove this.

Best Regards

Pax Greger

www.paxgreger.com

by PsicraftTony on 2010-04-24 11:42:19

Pax,

The Vyzex PocketPOD 1.17 Windows installation includes an uninstall program that removes all registry entries created by the installer. If you are having issues with autosensing the PocketPOD or with Windows detecting the PocketPOD's USB MIDI port, this is not a program installation problem in any case.

Remember folks, Pax is not a Line 6 tech support guru.... He doesn't even play a doctor on TV! Follow his advice to use an unsanctioned utility at your own risk.

Anyone with Autosensing or MIDI port detection issues should check out the comprehensive Troubleshooting Guide.Pdf that we put together to help resolve any Windows USB MIDI driver or computer hardware problems. If these solutions aren't enough, then search for a thread on this forum that describes your issue. Failing that, make a post for help describing your computer, operating system, and any error dialogs you see. We'll do what we can to get you back to playing your guitar.

All the best,

Tony

by PaxGreger on 2010-04-24 23:38:47

There you got it folks.

Trying to help other LINE6 customers is not recommended.

Why "PsicraftTony" is pissed of by someone try to get a solution is a mystery.

I did not know you have to be a doctor on TV. Maybe "PsicraftTony" mean that everyone should have the same background that he have.

For me it is enough with 15 years as Technical Engineer, and MCP and MCSE.

But what the hell. What do i know. I don't work at LINE6.

Maybe that is the problem. They don't have skilled employees at tech support, only doctors from TV.

"PsicraftTony" - Is it not true that almost every advice in this community came from users?

So - if they not work for Line6 and not are tech support guru. No one should listen to it.

That is total crap. But in the same time I understand you.

Line6 can't recommend a program that they did not test and approve.

That is why this community come in use. There are a lot of people out there with many more years of education than you "PsicraftTony" have, and will ever get.

So have a little more posetive approve when you write about someone.

Or maybe that is the Line6 way of do things. Everyone else is idiots(and don't work as a TV Doctor), just us (16-17years) guys at tech support that know all about everything.

There. I fell better.

How about you readers out there.

What do you think. Was I to hard. Or did I hit the nail correct?

I don't know. As "PsicraftTony" says. "He doesn't even play a doctor on TV"

But I do know tech support.

Oh I almost forgot. I DO work as one.

Have a nice day all.

Till next time(can be some time - Lline6 support is of my chart)

//Pax Greger

by PsicraftTony on 2010-04-25 00:36:02

Hi Pax,

Sorry to upset you - My company and I did actually develop the software in question, so forgive me for considering myself an expert in the area. No slight against you and your various accreditations.

Our overriding concern here on the support forums is to guide users with problems down the correct path to solution. As a new member with 15 posts to your credit it was important for me to call attention to the fact that your opinions were clearly those of a third party, which I did. If my sense of humor offended you I apologize since I realize your posts were only meant to help.

All the best,

Tony Antoniou, B.Eng. M.A.Sc.

Managing Director,

Psicraft Designs Inc.

by PaxGreger on 2010-04-25 23:27:30

I have to mention that i forget one crutial thing.

After i recomend uninstal.

I should have mentioned that do a new fresh instal of the software. Somhow i forgot this.

I have to read more carefully what i write so that there can be less misunderstanding.

After many years in this(software) marked i have learned a few things.

1:     Allways treat customers with greatest respect. There is a chance that irritation can take over, and bad words can flow. But - NEWER FROM THE COMPANY.

2:     Allso have in mind that there is a chance someone forget, or not to clear in explinations (as me..), ask insted of beeing sure of your first thought, that everyone is an idiot. Just me know this things

3:     When support don't know. Ask for some more time to get back with a correct answear....

oh im sure there in many more. But follow this first lines can raise the standard of comunication between users and support staff.

BTW - This software is a nice work. If only other would do the same.

Have a nice day to you all. Staff and readers.

Even if i don't are a TV Doctor. I know that I CAN be nice.

//Pax Greger

by sepes on 2010-05-08 05:24:10

At this time, there is no   software available that matches your selection.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.