These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD X3

X3 Pro presets and their input settings
by glxblt on 2010-03-02 05:53:20

Hi!

I record/play my Pod X3 Pro through SPDIF. It appears all the presets on the machine have "Guitar 1 + Variax" as the default input setting. On this setting I lose sync over spdif (it's set to "match digital in" on the Pod and my Fireface 800 is the sync master) and get a LOT of crackle. I regain sync by switching the input to "Guitar 1 + Guitar 2". or anything without Variax for that matter.

The actual problem with this is that it's really quite tedious to browse the presets since I can't directly hear by playing what it sounds like. I have to go each time to the input menu and disable the variax input.

Is my only option to go through all the presets by hand, switch the inputs and save them again or do you have a better solution? Am I just not getting something?

Thanks.

Re: X3 Pro presets and their input settings
by TheRealZap on 2010-03-02 06:30:58

there is no global input settings, and my understanding is that the behavior you experience is normal when using the digital out and the variax.

i personally have a variax and i think it's great, but i can see how it would be a hassle... in fact i wanted to globally set all of the presets for variax! just the opposite of you and asked a similar question...

by glxblt on 2010-03-03 21:31:01

zap3nc:

Hm? At least on my Pod X3 Pro all the presets have a "GTR 1 + VARX" -setting on tone 1 and "SAME" on tone 2 as default.

by TheRealZap on 2010-03-04 04:00:24

it appears perhaps... BUT the presets include vocal and acoustic guitar settings that have other inputs selected...

if not on the user banks in the preset folders... just saying... doesn't really get either of us that global functionality.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.