These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: GearBox

TonePort UX1 compatable with Windows 7?
by geofflangan on 2010-03-10 13:12:11

Hi, Is my TonePortUX1 campatable with Windows 7. Please tell me where and how I can get the necesary drivers etc. Thanks.

Re: TonePort UX1 compatable with Windows 7?
by BigChas52 on 2010-03-10 14:42:08

You can get the Windows 7 drivers here http://line6.com/software/  Be sure to click on the "Beta" block.  Enjoy!

by geofflangan on 2010-03-11 02:00:45

Hi BigChas, Can I just check, in order to use my PonePort UX1 with my guitar, do I download Gearbox or PodFarm. I have forgotten what it is called.

EIther way, I followed your advice, selecting both Gearbox and PodFarm and both came back with the message At this time, there is no Beta  software available that matches your selection.

Any suggestions?

Geoff

by BigChas52 on 2010-03-11 04:50:07

Line 6 released the production drivers last night.  Don't click the beta block.  Just install the latest ones 4.0.2.3

Either GearBox or POD Farm will work with your UX1.  Why not install them both and see what you like best?   Skip the driver install in PF or GB if you have already installed the latest drivers otherwise it will downgrade them.

by geofflangan on 2010-03-11 10:55:55

H BigChas,

This is without doubt the most complicated installation I have ever done.

I tried all you suggested...It kept coming back with At this time, there is no Beta  software available that matches your selection.

At this point I thought I would buy the software online. I struggled to understand the registration email and the following instructions online. However I installed/updated Monkey/downloaded PodFarm/put in my registration key etc etc. I can find PodFarm when I look in 'All Programmes' on my PC, but cannot locate it in Documents (?!?) where search says it is located. Anyway I tried to open it from the searh menu...but it says that PodFarm has stopped working and Windows will try to find a solution.

Chas I am at my wits end here. Can you please help me get this sorted out.

Geoff

RE: TonePort UX1 compatable with Windows 7?
by Kneehow on 2010-03-11 15:41:01

Hello,

You don't need to worry about Beta drivers; we released a production driver yesterday.

In case you still cannot access it, here's the direct link to the download for you: http://line6.com/software/readeula.html?rid=3110

Regards,

L6Perry

Re: RE: TonePort UX1 compatable with Windows 7?
by Sherry42 on 2012-10-12 11:54:59

Hey all - I know this is an old thread, but I have the same question. It's a few years later though, and there seems to be a lot of drivers available to download. When I tried to install the Gear Box ver3 software it said I couldn't because it cannot work in 64 bit. What is the right driver(s) I should download for that? Also, after I do that, what about the software you install after you connect the hardware, the Live Lite 5?

Thanks for your help - I am new to working with DAW and this hardware and just couldn't figure it out on my own. (I bought Sonar 6 several years ago, and received the TonePort UX1 for a xmas present several years ago but never had time to reall use them.)

Sherry

Re: RE: TonePort UX1 compatable with Windows 7?
by Triryche on 2012-10-19 07:52:03

Might want to start a different thread regarding your DAW.

But for your your UX, just download latest monkey, use it to update drivers, then download POD Farm 1.12, it replaces Gearbox.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.