These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Riffworks Line 6 / Standard Edition

Riffworks Line6 version vs Riffworks T4
by johnpicton on 2010-03-11 07:42:58

Is there any advantage to using the Line6 version of Riffworks over and above Riffworks T4 (free download from Sonoma).

The T4 version has save and riffcast capabilities (and even a free instant drummer download as well) all for free. As I see it I can only get saving capabilities with the Line6 version if I upgrade to Riffworks standard (and I do realise that the Riffworks standard version has more capabilities that the T4 version - namely things like 24 layers and using rx2 files and rewire).

So which should I use, what would I be loosing by no using the Line6 version (unregistered)?

TIA

Re: Riffworks Line6 version vs Riffworks T4
by MichelleW on 2010-03-11 11:48:38

Here is a feature comparison chart for RiffWorks T4, RiffWorks Line 6 Edition, and RiffWorks Standard.

http://www.sonomawireworks.com/riffworksfeatures-Line6.php

RiffWorks Line 6 Edition has been discontinued, so it is recommended that those users crossgrade to RiffWorks Standard.

RiffWorks Standard has a many additional features over RiffWorks T4, and is currently being improved.

Some of the advantages RiffWorks Standard has over RiffWorks T4:

• Record 24 Layers Per Riff Plus Drums, instead of just 4 with RiffWorksT4
  • Supports 32-bit Recording and Mixing, instead of just 16-bit with RiffWorks T4
  • Export Riffs to .wav for use in other DAWs
  • REX player
  • ReWire support
  • Includes the Sonoma">http://www.sonomawireworks.com/pr-riffworks-2.5.php">Sonoma 7 VST Plugin (value $49) to use in other DAWs
  • Includes 9 InstantDrummer sessions (value $9.99/ea.).
  • Higher screen resolution option

Cheers,

Michelle Wright

Sonoma Wire Works

by johnpicton on 2010-03-11 12:11:58

Hi Michelle

thanks for answering. I did know the differences between T4 and Standard, I just wondered about the difference between Line6 version and T4. I appriciate that you say Line6 has been discontinued. I can still download it from Line6 Monkey but it has save disabled (which is fair enough in my books). I have tried T4 and find that it works exactly the same as my Line6 (save disabled) version but with the added bonus of being able to save. I just wanted to know if I was missing out on something by using T4 (IE does the Line6 version offer anything over and above T4) it would appear not.

Thanks again....

by MichelleW on 2010-03-11 13:40:19

Right you are asking what the difference is between RiffWorks Line 6 Edition v2.2.2 in demo mode and RiffWorks T4 v2.5. I'd say the main benefit is that RiffWorks T4 saves, it is a more up to date version with bug fixes, and it is not keyed to one ASIO device at a time.

Cheers,

Michelle

by johnpicton on 2010-03-11 23:46:30

Thanks Michelle,

thats exactly it, and you have confirmed my thoughts - thanks again

Regards

John

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.