These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Toneport GX Cracking and Popping Sounds
by Linknight on 2010-03-14 18:38:58

My Toneport GX has suddenly started having popping and crackling sounds randomly while I use it. I have been using it for over a year with no problems and it has suddenly started. My headphones are connected into the Toneport GX so I use it as my primary sound device for everything, not only Gearbox. The distortions seem to happen at completely random times whenever there is any sort of audio being played, whether it be my guitar through Gearbox or any other audio playback such as music or videos. I have tried a different headphones and the problem is still there, and if I plug my headphones into my on-board audio on the motherboard, it works fine. I should add that when I plug into on-board audio, the latency is too high to make gearbox usable so I can't really use the Toneport GX unless the headphones are directly connected (there is a noticeable delay between playing something on the guitar and hearing it). The distortions only happen if I plug my headphones directly into the Toneport GX. Is there any solutions to this problem?

Thank you,

Joseph

RE: Toneport GX Cracking and Popping Sounds
by Line6Hugo on 2010-03-17 09:06:07

Joseph,

Can you please provide us with details on your computer? (Manufacturer, model, processor type & speed, operating system version, amount of RAM)

Have there been any changes to your computer system using this software?

Have you tried uninstalling all Line 6 software, then, downloading and installing the latest Gearbox 3.72 software?

Please disconnect all other USB devices while troubleshooting this issue (except for a mouse, keyboard, and GX). Completely remove ANY USB hubs, even if not in use, and test the GX on all of the USB ports of the computer.

If the problem persists, you should test on a different computer to isolate the issue.

Regards,

Line6Hugo

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.