These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Vyzex Editor

Vyzex for Pod 2.0
by smfelton on 2010-03-17 05:14:27

I'm sure this has been asked many times, but on doing a search I can't find the answer. Is there any news on Vyzex for Pod 2.0, all I can find is lots of statements from a few years ago saying it will be out in a few months. Did I miss something ???

Regards

Shane Felton

www.alienigloo.com

Re: Vyzex for Pod 2.0
by PsicraftTony on 2010-03-17 05:40:29

When we released the update that some users were waiting on, the version number was 1.7. I suppose we could have bumped that number up to 2.0 to make it nice and even...

There are currently no plans to release an update beyond v1.7 as it runs fine on Windows 7 and Snow Leopard.

Tony

by BigChas52 on 2010-03-17 05:45:19

Haha.   I hope you meant that to be funny, Tony.  But if it wasn't word play, I believe that thet original poster didn't mean Vyzex 2.0, he was asking for Vyzex support for the POD 2.0 series.

by BigChas52 on 2010-03-17 05:49:26

Hi Shane . . . While  you may have to jump through a hoop or two getting it running, Line 6 Edit is still a pretty good tool for deep editing POD 2.0.

by smfelton on 2010-03-17 06:19:47

Yes as the other poster correctly points out I was referring to the Vyzex editor for Pod2.0 not version 2 of the vyzex software. I'm sure when the Pocket Pod Vyzex was released all the 'press releases' said that Vyzex for the Floor Pod and Pod2.0 were soon to follow, this was I believe in 2007. The Floor Pod software was released last year I believe, so I was enquiring as to an update on the progress of the Pod2.0 software.

Regards

Shane Felton

www.lienigloo.com

by PsicraftTony on 2010-03-17 06:22:19

Sorry guys... It's very early over here right now - Of course I misread Shane's post... Sorry for the disconnect!

Psicraft will be releasing a Vyzor POD 2.0 editor at the Line 6 Store that runs stand-alone and as a VST/AU plug-in with DAW automation in the coming months - Price TBA but it will be under $40.

Cheers,

Tony

by smfelton on 2010-03-17 06:24:32

BigChas52, Hi i've been using Line 6 edit although I really don't like the interface, and have got it running happily on Snow Leopard on my laptop. However I really don't want to "play around" on the main studio computer which is also running Snow Leopard and Pro Tools HD, at the moment I'm having to take the laptop to the studio to 'edit' both the Pod2.0 and the Pod Pro, I would rather have that ability on the main computer.

Regards

Shane Felton

www.alienigloo.com

by smfelton on 2010-03-17 06:30:01

That's good news (ish) it's a shame that it's not going to have RTAS or that it is not going be free as originally 'advertised I quote- "Both the Vyzex POD 2.0 and Vyzex Floor POD Plus editors are currently under development and will be available as a free download from www.customtone.com this summer." this is from 2007 and can be found on many sites.

Best Regards

Shane Felton

www.alienigloo.com

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.