These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Vyzex Editor

Vyzex Pocket POD fails to initialise - Vista
by tjmvallance on 2010-03-17 14:42:25

Hi,

About a year ago I was using my Pocket POD with Vyzex on my old PC which ran on Windows XP; it's a useful and fun program. Now, however, I've got round to installing it on my laptop (which runs on Vista) and have encountered an issue. The installation seems to go fine, but upon attempting to open the program I'm told that "The application has failed to initialise properly" because of a problem with "Midi Quest 10 / XL".

Any advice on what's going on and how to rectify the problem? Am I missing something rather obvious? Hope someone can help.

Cheers,

TV

Re: Vyzex Pocket POD fails to initialise - Vista
by smfelton on 2010-03-17 14:51:09

Have a look at this thread on the old forum

http://line6.com/supportarchive/thread/42217

itlooks like you need a patch.

Regards

Shane

www.alienigloo.com

by tjmvallance on 2010-03-17 14:57:00

Ah, that looks about right. Thanks. Hopefully this PsicraftTony fellow will be around soon to help!

by PsicraftTony on 2010-03-17 16:49:18

Actually, version 1.7 contains that patch - Shane, you'll recall I mentioned in my first post to you today in the thread you started that 1.7 has all the latest for Vista and Snow Leopard.

Tim, are you using v1.7?

If so, try uninstalling the program and reinstalling.

Let us know how it goes.

by tjmvallance on 2010-03-17 17:17:02

Thanks for the quick reply Tony. And yes, I've been trying to install version 1.7. But no luck, I'm afraid! I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times to no avail. If you've already included a patch to fix this then it sounds like it's entirely a problem at my end. No ideas? I won't be heartbroken if it can't be fixed, since at any rate I've still got the Pod...

Cheers

Tom (apologies for the misleading 'j' in my username)

by PsicraftTony on 2010-03-17 18:16:14

Hi Tom,

I will contact you via private message and we'll about getting your situation sorted out - If it turns out a patch is now required for certain Vista configurations we'll include that in another update, but I expect we'll find out something specific to your machine. Either way I will post our findings back here once we are done.

Tony

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.