These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

I NEED HELP ASAP! iLok/Pod Farm installation not working!!
by broman2999 on 2010-03-18 16:05:01

I just bought POD Farm platinum.  I have installed and uninstalled numerous times.  I have gone to the ilok site and synced my key with the code.  I open Pod farm in pro tools 8 and get a "no authorized device" message.  I would like to start using this tonight, and authorization should not be this difficult!!!  Whatever happened to just putting in a auth code and going about your business?  The monkey does not help.  I have selected iLok during the installation process of pod farm 1.11, and I have no other line 6 hardware.  what now?!

Re: I NEED HELP ASAP! iLok/Pod Farm installation not working!!
by BigChas52 on 2010-03-18 16:51:03

Did you install the iLok drivers on your system?

Re: I NEED HELP ASAP! iLok/Pod Farm installation not working!!
by broman2999 on 2010-03-18 21:17:17

The iLok drivers were all already installed because I use iLok for other programs.  I downloaded and reinstalled them all again.  Now the issue I'm having is that it works in Reaper no problem, but it will not work in Pro Tools.  I have downloaded the most up to date version of Pod Farm, everything is cool with the iLok.  It's plugged in directly to a USB port on my computer, not through a USB hub.  The iLok is working properly because everything else in pro tools that requires it works just fine.  The only thing that does work is POD Farm.  I need it to work in Pro Tools 8.0.  I have tried line 6 monkey to no avail.  It keeps asking for hardware first before I can even use the program and quits when I cancel.  I don't have any line 6 hardware, just line 6 software that SHOULD work with iLok.  This is quite frustrating, and I'd prefer that if Line 6 has such an involved authorization process, ther needs to be a number to call Line 6 directly and get answers immediately to my problems.  As of right now I've got $150 tied up in something I can't even use!!!  I have seen many a post on here about this very issue...Has Line 6 given any consideration to just typing in a auth code like other programs??  That always seems to do the trick.  You only need to go to 1 site half the time IF THAT AT ALL!

RE: I NEED HELP ASAP! iLok/Pod Farm installation not working!!
by ricksox on 2010-03-19 12:27:31

Hello,

Are you connecting the iLok directly to a USB port on your computer or do you have it connected to a USB hub?

Have you tried connecting the iLok to other ports on your computer?

Line6Miller

Re: RE: I NEED HELP ASAP! iLok/Pod Farm installation not working!!
by broman2999 on 2010-03-19 15:40:55

Yes siree!!  I have tried all of that.  No dice yet.

Btw...strike that comment about not having a number to call.  I found it...Unfortunately tho I still didn't get the issue resolved.  Look, I know this product is really nice once I get it working, but right now this authorization process is killing me!  It's like "I love spaghetti, but its got CRAP in it!"

by ricksox on 2010-03-19 15:49:14

Hello,

A couple of things you can try:

- Reinstall the POD Farm application. Maybe something got corrupted during the first install.

- Trash your Pro Tools preferences. If this is a Pro Tools glitch then this should resolve your issue.

We do have a phone number as well:

http://line6.com/company/contact/

Line6Miller

by broman2999 on 2010-03-19 15:52:37

Yeah I trash the prefs on start up every time, just out of habit.  I also have reinstalled quite a few times already and it still doesn't seem to want to work.

by broman2999 on 2010-03-19 15:55:56

Okay....New issue now...For some reason it seems to have started working, but now when I load the plug in the entire screen is gray.  Where the amps should be, where the wood flooring should be...I see nothing.  It's just a solid gray color???  I'm rebooting my machine now...

by broman2999 on 2010-03-19 17:21:10

False alarm!  Okay I have tried everything now.  Switching iLok from port to port on my computer and hub (currently in computer) trashing prefs, reinstalling software, selecting "iLok" option during installation, rebooting my machine, verified that the iLok key does in fact have the license for POD FARM PLATINUM with an expiration date of NEVER, fully updated my Pro Tools software, and made sure that all my PACE/iLok drivers were up to date...Now what???

by broman2999 on 2010-03-22 06:19:22

Okay I tried to mess around with this over the weekend, but my issue now is that I got it to work in Pro Tools, but POD Farm seems to be selective in which sessions it chooses to work in??? I get it to work in just about any session except for the one that I really need it in right now...What the heck? Has anyone ever had "selective" plug-ins before?

At this point I'm really just considering shipping this back, it's becoming too much of a hassle...

by ricksox on 2010-03-24 10:23:42

Hello,

I'm not really sure why the POD Farm plug in would be working in some sessions but not others. Any chance you would be able to send that session to me in an email?

I can create a support ticket for you and escalate it to our QA department to see if they can reproduce it here in house.

Let me know. Thanks.

Line6Miller

by broman2999 on 2010-03-24 13:42:13

Too late guys, sorry.  I already shipped it back.  I got tired of waiting for a response, and fed up with trying to fix this on my own.  I'm considering other options at this point, but thanks.

Yes this question has been answered...I answered it my way.

I will come back and be a customer again when registration of any of your software doesn't require me to go to multiple sites, and sync this and that.  Tell your DRM software guys to keep the "KISS" method in mind next time.  Some programs let you authorize whithout ever leaving your host software.  Even if you just cut it down to 1 website, I'd consider trying another product.  By the looks of most posts on this forum, I'd say the authorization process is worth taking another look at.

Peace!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.