These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Vyzex Editor

"There on no MIDI IN Ports selected" when start in Vyzex Editor
by amazonalizon on 2009-03-28 15:19:25

I just bought my pocket Pod today and downloaded and installed VyzexPocketPOD1p05Setup.zip.  When I plug my PocketPOD into my laptop I get the windows message about finding new hardware and it being intalled ok.  However, when I start the Vyzex Editor I get the dialog "There are no MIDI IN ports selected! ..... " and the editor does not find the pocket pod.

I have a Dell Inspiron 9400 with Windows XP professional version 2002 service pack 2.

This sounds like the same problem as posted by quicklan " 'Error message "AutoSense could not find the line 6 Pocket POD"' in Vyzex Editor". 

I would be grateful for your assistance.

Re: "There on no MIDI IN Ports selected" when start in Vyzex Editor
by stevetuc on 2009-03-29 15:16:11

The procedure outlined here worked for me

by amazonalizon on 2009-03-29 22:03:22

Thank you so much, you are a star. Solved the problem :-)

Just so the link is clear...

http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1213764#1213764

by PsicraftTony on 2009-04-05 19:49:33

Anyone else encountering this issue should check out the newly posted Troubleshooting Guide PDF. It contains all the information that was quoted (originally from this forum before it was recently upgraded ) within Steve's link.

You can access the document under the Documents tab of the Vyzex Editor forum.

by Stefan_Raden on 2009-04-08 06:10:49

i have a HP laptop, Pavilion dv5.

I try since months to connect my Pocket Pod to my notebook but it just don't works.

I don't have anything on my notebook that has to do with logitech, i uninstalled it and installed again and again, so please help me.

by Stefan_Raden on 2009-04-08 07:23:26

At first stands on the desktop : Midi Quest needs to perform operations on the windows registry. To do this it will run "SetupMQRegistry.exe" when prompted, authorize the program to run in Administrator Mode or registry associations and plug-in configuration for Midi Quest XL will not be performed.

Then : There are no Midi In Ports selected! Select yes to choose the parts now. If you do not choose any parts, the porgram will not choose any parts, the program will not receive Midi.

At the End :  Auto Sense failed! There are currently no Midi In ports selected for use with this program. Please click ok and open all available Midi ports and scan for your device.

I hope this helps to find the solution for my problem.

Thanks.

by PsicraftTony on 2009-04-08 11:33:03

Are you running the Windows or Mac version?

Tony

by Stefan_Raden on 2009-04-09 07:07:18

Windows Vista Home Premium

by PsicraftTony on 2009-04-09 08:36:16

Hi Steve,

The issue you are reporting is different than 'There are no MIDI IN Ports selected" - From the error dialogs you are reporting It sounds like you have a damaged installation somehow. Since you say that uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't help I am going to private message you a patch file to try.

Tony

by Stefan_Raden on 2009-04-09 13:42:19

Okay thanks for everything.

If you don't have my E-Mail Adress, please tell me.

by outtatune on 2009-04-09 20:14:39

@Stefan,

I was having the same problem(s).  Make sure if you have more than one User Account set up on Vista, that you install the Vyzex Software on the Adminstrator User Account.  Also, I had to access the registrey through Admin User Acct.  Otther wise, i continued to get the same errors.

BTW, Im running Vyzex on a similar HP Pav, Vista, Home.

GL

by PsicraftTony on 2009-04-09 20:19:43

Hi GL,

Thanks for the workaround  - You're welcome to the patch file as well: It resolves user account issues on Vista like this.

Private message me if you need it.

Cheers,

Tony

by Stefan_Raden on 2009-04-10 03:17:37

I have just one user account, because it's my notebook and that's why this account is automatically the administrator account.

I have found one folder, which is called Admin.

I found this folder under Computer / Local Disk C / Perf Logs / Admin, but this folder was empty now i copied the folder Psicraft into it.

I hope this will solve the problem, I will let you know if it works.

If you have some other ideas, please let me know.

by Stefan_Raden on 2009-04-10 03:43:37

It still doesn't work, could the USB-Cable damaged?

Please, please help me.

by outtatune on 2009-04-10 04:59:56

It's not likely that the cable is bad, but possible.  Have you tried to install the software on another computer?

Also, did you remove all the ghost USB devices under Device Manager before your re-install?

by PsicraftTony on 2009-04-10 11:05:37

... I sent you a private message a couple of days ago stefan... Check the message and follow up with me please,

Tony

by Stefan_Raden on 2009-04-12 12:24:37

Tony, this message you wanted ot send me, wasn't send to me, please try it again.

And how can i delete the ghost USB - Devices?

by outtatune on 2009-04-12 18:55:21

Be sure to read the part of this link that begins with; "HI TIGER..." the person that wrote that did a good job of explaining it all, and it worked for me as well.

http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1213764#1213764

by PsicraftTony on 2009-04-12 20:35:55

Why thank you, Outtatune.

The original person who wrote the 'Hi Tiger' post was me, on the previous version of the Vyzex PocketPOD Support Forum that was quoted on the scorehero forum.

Everyone should note that the exact information I provided in the 'Hi Tiger' post is also part of the troubleshooting guide PDF that is available for download from this forum under the 'documents' tab.

Tony

by PsicraftTony on 2009-04-12 20:40:39

Hi Stefan,

Click on the 'Your Stuff' link right next to the 'Welcome...' message in the group's layout. This will launch a pop-up menu in which you can select 'Private Messages'. You'll should see the message listed there.

Best regards,

Tony

by outtatune on 2009-04-12 23:29:43

LMAO!  That was a great and helpful post dude!  Thanks for it.

peace,

ot

by PsicraftTony on 2009-04-12 23:37:53

No problemo... Dealing with missing MIDI ports is something all Windows users need to know about - Let's hope Microsoft gets its USB MIDI driver perfected by the time Windows 7 is released!

Cheers,

Tony

by ankkiz on 2009-05-09 10:31:39

Ummmm....

I did what was told in the trouble shooting pdf and the vyzex is woking fine now BUT there were no solution told how to get my webcam working again?

How can I become your new youtubeguitargod if I can't even get them working at the same time?

Is there any way you could make a patch which would solve the complications caused by them working together?

Please reply directly to ankkiz@hotmail.com incase I don't remember to come again to look for answers

best regards

-ankkiz

ankkiz@hotmail.com

EDIT

Occasionally I also get this errormessage:

http://line6.com/community/message/10581#10581

color="#000080" face="Arial Unicode MS" size="2">

by PsicraftTony on 2009-05-09 11:27:58

Reinstall your webcam driver if the fix has stopped it from working.

This problem is the webcam manufacturer's & Microsoft's issue - The MIDI driver is supplied by Microsoft as part of the Windows operating system and the conflicting driver is supplied by the webcam manufacturer. Neither Line 6 or Psicraft have anything to do with these software components and therefore we can't 'patch' them.

I hope you check back here - It's not our policy to do tech support via email.

Tony

by ankkiz on 2009-05-09 11:59:58

This seems to send a message to email after someone makes a new post, thats a good thing!

I have already reinstalled my webcam software/drivers a few times -and done the regedit thingie also, because they aren't still working together.

When I open webcamprogram, my pocket pod reboots and when I open vyzex after that it doesn't find the midiports (Usb audio device) even manually.

Occasionally it may work for 20seconds or so but then I get a bluescreen that suggest me to restart my computer immediately to prevent serious damage to my computer that may cause if I continue. Infact it doesen't even let me continue without restarting you just can't skip the message by pressing any key.

Thank You so far!

by ankkiz on 2009-05-17 08:32:20

I also appreciate to get the unofficial patch disgussed in the

Vyzex Midi Quest 10 XL error -topic.

by PsicraftTony on 2009-05-17 19:02:31

Hi Ank,

Unless the software is crashing when you launch it, you do not need the patch.

I am sorry that your Webcam drivers and the Windows USB MIDI driver cannot co-operate. My only advice for you at this point is to get another webcam by a different manufacturer.

We are hoping that Microsoft will have fixed this problem in Windows 7 and will be posting back here if this is the case.

Best regards,

Tony

by ManCas on 2009-07-23 22:03:56

Hello everyone!, I'm runnning Windows 7 RC1 and was having the same issue. Oddly enough, prior versions of the editor worked great on Windows 7 Beta.

Anyway, Windows kept telling it didn't found any drivers for "Line 6 Pocket POD", that's the main issue. What I did was look for the Pocket POD in "Device Manager", then Update Driver and then I made it look for the driver in the Windows folder of a Windows XP installation I have on another drive, after a while it found the driver and now everything works perfect.

So, if you guys (PsicraftTony, hehe) could post these drivers alone, it would be awesome!

Cheers!

PS: I noticed a little bug, (I know W7 is not supported yet, but it would be worth cheking it out): When you make a change on a patch, an asterisk appears on the right side of the patch name, Shouldn't it be gone after you press "Store"? ... Mine remains until I click on the asterisk itself, is it supposed to be like that?

Edit: If I use "Store In" instead of "Store", it works just fine.

by PsicraftTony on 2009-07-23 22:28:33

Hi Cas, you da Man!

(Sorry... Couldn't resist)

The strange thing about the drivers issue is that PocketPOD uses the Windows class compliant driver, and not any custom drivers we would be able to post: The driver is part of the OS!

I think the problem could have been introduced when you moved from the 7 beta to the 7 RC. Our test machine running Win7 RC was installed from scratch (no beta) and has never had a driver problem with PocketPOD.

The asterisk update problem is duly noted - Thanks for spotting it.

Cheers,

Tony

by ManCas on 2009-07-23 22:51:04

Hehe, thanks for the kind and fast response Tony!

I also installed Win 7 RC from scratch, so I don't know what can be the issue. Maybe the webcam thing? Anyway, I'm editing my arse off right now, hehe.

(Not so-) Quick Question!: Do you know if there is any way to use Pro Tools (I'm using midi to change the patches on the POD) AND the editor at the same time?

PS: Also, could you point out what's the .dll or file that Windows uses to "drive" the "USB Audio Device"?

Thanks again!.

PS2: *** This is the solution to my problem, you guys could try it: ***

1. Install the Vyzex Pocket POD Editor V. 1.17

2. Connect your POD to the USB port, the "installing new device" pop-up should appear, if it doesn't, don't worry, carry on.

3. Go to: Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Device Manager (under "Devices and Printers")

4. Look for "Line 6 Pocket POD" under "Other Devices" (If it isn't then I can't help you, sorry)

5. Right-click on it, then click on "Update Device Driver"

6. Select the "Look for Device Driver on this Computer" (Something like that, my Windows is in spanish), NOT the "automatically find..." option.

7. Then search for your "Windows" folder on the root drive (C:\WINDOWS, most of the time). CHECK the "Include sub-folders" box.

8. Click the "Next" button and wait until it finds the driver, an ugly red warning appears, click the "Install this driver anyway" option.

9. Voila! it installs "USB Audio Device"  and now everything works perfect!.

Hope it works, I'm on Windows 7 RC but you should try it anyway.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.