These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Audio problems with TonePort DI Silver & GearBox
by UberZerstorer on 2010-03-24 09:41:05

Greetings! I've got my TonePort DI Silver device with the GuitarPort bundle about a couple of weeks now and I've been struggling to make it work with GearBox in my PC.

Everything seems to work fine as far as input signals. GearBox shows me the VU meters moving and the TonePort box is lit up green, all the volume controls in GearBox are turned up, so is my guitar and the TonePort device too. I have everything updated with Line 6 Monkey, I followed the driver's installation step by step as shown in the example videos and user manual. I've checked all the troubleshooting support from the manual. I even tried with other similar programs to see if the TonePort was failing. I get absolutly no sound. TonePort works just fine with IK Multimedia's AmpliTube Metal and Native Instruments' Guitar Rig 2.

Is there anybody that has that same issue? It seems like I've checked everything, but something must be missing.

Any suggestions? PLEASE!!!

Thanks everybody for your time.

RE: Audio problems with TonePort DI Silver & GearBox
by AndyParedes on 2010-03-26 15:02:19

Hello,

Did you set the DI as your soundcard for your computer and connect your speakers to the DI-Bundle? If not, you will not not get any sound output. See the following link for more information:

Setting up your Line 6 device as External Sound Card within Windows XP: Video Tutorial

http://line6.com/community/docs/DOC-1427

Assigning your Line 6 Device as a Sound Card on your Windows XP Computer: Screen Shot Tutorial

http://line6.com/community/docs/DOC-1452

Re: RE: Audio problems with TonePort DI Silver & GearBox
by UberZerstorer on 2010-03-27 18:50:40

Thanks a lot Andy, right now I'm slapping my forehead. I knew the solution had to be right under my nose.

I suppose my error was to assume all the time that I would get sound through my computer via USB, like other sound interfaces. That happens when you look but you don't see. Now I can enjoy GearBox. I just need to figure out now hot to record some stuff and it will all be perfect!

Thanks again!

Re: Audio problems with TonePort DI Silver & GearBox
by villain612 on 2011-08-24 17:49:35

I am having the same issues that this poster did however I am on an Imac.

The exact same thing - I have all the appropriate drivers, everything installed correctly, etc.

I cant connect my Imac speakers to the DI box because the speakers are built into the computer.

In my system preferences, I have the Toneport selected as the Sound Input and I have my internal speakers selected for the output, but still no sound coming from my computer speakers. Gearbox is getting a signal from my guitar so I am not sure what the problem is.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.