These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Controling instrument input level without POD farm
by RobG1986 on 2010-03-25 03:35:27

In cubase I get a very stable low latency input with low latency monitoring without POD farm running, however obviously there is no way the control the input level of an instrument input. When I use POD farm to control the intrument level there is intermittent crackling on the recording, probably cos of strain on my computers resources, even when I reduce buffer size and other settings this crackling is still present. So I was windering if there any way of modifying the intrument level without using POD farm? Because other then the peaking, everything works very smoothly in cubase.

Re: Controling instrument input level without POD farm
by RobG1986 on 2010-03-25 03:37:33

It's probably worth mentioning I don't get this problem when using POD farm by itself, no problems there at all, just seems to be when the 2 memory intensive programs are combined.

RE: Controling instrument input level without POD farm
by Kneehow on 2010-03-26 16:43:19

Hello,

In your first post, were you launching POD Farm as a Plug-In (insert) effect inside of Cubase? Or were you launching it in standalone mode (to adjust gain) outside of Cubase first, then launching Cubase?

Regards,

L6Perry

Re: RE: Controling instrument input level without POD farm
by RobG1986 on 2010-03-28 05:01:49

I've been using it as standalone not a plug-in, wasn't aware there was one. I assume you supposed to use it as a plug-in when using recording programs then? Ta.

by BigChas52 on 2010-03-28 05:19:56

No, the plug-in is best used as a post recording effect to reamp a dry track.  Using the stand-alone is still the best way I know to adjust the instrument input.  L6Perry wasn't answering your question, he was asking one to determine what procedures you are following in  order to get a handle on what may be causing your issue.

by RobG1986 on 2010-03-28 16:42:42

Yeah I didn't think he was giving a definitve answer. Does the plug in pretty much have all the same features and layout of the stand alone program? I imagine it's as memory intensive running POD farm as a stand alone program anyway right?

by BigChas52 on 2010-03-28 17:01:00

Since the plug-in's primary use is as a post process recording FX, there are a couple of things missing, namely, the tuner and the mixer.  Other than those, they are the same.

by RobG1986 on 2010-03-28 17:07:02

Ah cool, alot of plug ins for entire programs seem to just be a convinient way of getting to them rather then having god knows how many background programs running behind your recording software.

by RobG1986 on 2010-04-03 14:16:50

Bump

This seems to have been tagged as answered, not sure whether that simply means it's been responded to or is marked as dealt with.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.