These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: BackTrack / MIDI Mobilizer

Backtrack on windows 7 does not work or connect.
by DannyPinxten on 2010-03-25 12:28:03

Hi,

I've used the backtrack for a year, now I have installed windows 7 and my backtack does not work or connect whit my computer. Whats the problem? I have downloaded the setup utillity and it is posted on my pc but it does not work eather.

Greetz

RE: Backtrack on windows 7 does not work or connect.
by ricksox on 2010-03-31 15:02:36

Hello,

I just connected both my BackTrack and BackTrack w.Mic to my Windows 7 machine here (dual boot 32 and 64 bits) and both devices were detected by both versions of Windows 7 just fine.

The BackTrack has a Windows class compliant driver so it should be plug and play.

How exactly is it not connecting? Have you tried ALL USB ports on your computer?

What kind of computer are you using?

Line6Miller

Re: RE: Backtrack on windows 7 does not work or connect.
by DannyPinxten on 2010-04-01 02:35:02

Hi,

Thanks for the reaction. The backtrack has worked on the same system on Xp, I recently have put on windows 7 and now it doesn't work anymore. When I put the usb cable in the PC the indicator on the backtrack just blink a few times and then is does nothing anymore. The pc recognized that there is a device but by the problem solution he ask for a driver.

The backtrack do not load either when he is connected on the pc.

Greetz.

Danny

RE: Backtrack on windows 7 does not work or connect.
by ricksox on 2010-04-01 11:13:20

Hello,

Have you tried performing a hard reset on the BackTrack? There is a little pin hole on the BT that you stick a paper clip into and reset the device. Try that first.

If that doesn't work, try a new USB cable. If that doesn't work then connect to a different computer and see if it is recognized.

If another computer sees it then you have a computer issue with Windows 7 which I may not be able to help you with.

If it doesn't work on another PC then the BT hardware may be damaged.

Line6Miller

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.