These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD 2.0, PODxt Family, Pocket POD, FloorPODs

Pod Pro - Bypass Amp Modelling for use with Tube Amp
by andrewstackhouse on 2009-03-29 06:28:35

Until very recently I have been using my POD Pro through a Marshall Valvestate 8080 and it has sounded great.  I use it with a floorboard when playing live.

I have recently bought a Marshall DSL401 tube amp and I love the tone.  However, I still want to be able to use the effects on my POD Pro.  Is there anyway via the hardware or software that I can turn off the amp modelling as even the Tube Amp setting has a huge impact on the tone coming out the amp?  If this is not possible with the POD Pro is it possible with the POD Pro XT?

Re: Pod Pro - Bypass Amp Modelling for use with Tube Amp
by ronano on 2009-03-31 16:55:51

It is possible with the FloorPODplus.  (One of the reasons I bought it). I use mine with a red-top VOX AC30 (no top-boost, no reverb) and the amp modellling switched off.  I do this by going into 'manual' mode, switching off the 'Amp' pedal then saving this to a patch.  You can then adjust the other patch parameters (like EQ) as normal without the amp model.  I can get a huge range of sounds this way out of a classic amp that otherwise has very little tone or gain control.

Re: Pod Pro - Bypass Amp Modelling for use with Tube Amp
by Line6Hugo on 2009-04-01 11:09:17

andrewstackhouse,

The closest you can come to turning off the amp modeling on the POD Pro would be to use the Tube Preamp model with the drive set to 0 and the output turned up. Keep in mind that the device is not true bypass and the input signal is always being processed by the DSP. This is the same with all the other PODs, however, they do have the option to disable the amp and cabinet modeling.

Regards,

Line6Hugo

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.