These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Four Specific Questions about POD Farm 2
by kencerreto on 2010-03-30 06:22:50

I currently run POD Farm/POD Farm Plug-ins on my laptop with a UX2 and Reaper.  I have Windows 7 and everything seems to be working fine. 

Four questions about POD Farm 2:

1.  Will this run on Windows 7?

2.  Will POD Farm 2 work as a plug-in the way POD Farm (1) works in addition to the Elements plug-ins?

3.  Using the setup I've described above, where and how will a foot controller connect?

4.  Assuming I can get a Line6 foot controller hooked up and controlling POD Farm 2, can I also get it to control DAW functions at the same time...for example, assign a button to start recording or stop?

THanks!!!

Re: I'm Re: Four Specific Questions about POD Farm 2
by kencerreto on 2010-03-30 10:05:37

So the Line6 website is SUPER buggy today (not surprising that something Line6 related is buggy...yes that's a dig) and I'm getting this message.  Is it wrong or does the new POD Farm not work with POD hardware?  If the latter is true, give me a friggin break.

POD Farm

Hardware: POD Studio UX2

Sorry, nothing available for POD  Studio UX2.

Your selected device is either not compatible with  anything in this category, or already includes everything in this category.

by ayanmaiden on 2010-03-31 00:01:18

My activation code doesnt seem i activate ... i think line 6 is being uber buggy and i dont quiet know what to do , has anyone gotten POD FARM 2 to work with their Line 6 Hardware ??

hardware : UX 2 Toneport

Re: Four Specific Questions about POD Farm 2
by negativefx on 2010-03-31 10:17:08

1.  Yes, I have Win 7 Pro 64bit and haven't had any problems in the 2 hours I've used it.  (TonePort UX2)

2.  Yes

3.  Not sure, I don't use a foot switch.

4.  Not sure.

As for the buggy website yesterday, my activation via Line 6 Monkey errored out twice and I just kept retrying... went through on the third try.

by kencerreto on 2010-04-01 05:41:35

morning bump for more answers.

thanks to those who have responded

by Triryche on 2010-04-01 08:13:45

4) This would be a function of your DAW. For example, in Reaper yhou can map just about any action to any MIDI enabled control surfaces.

by doenges on 2010-06-16 15:41:51

I use the mvk2 express usb pedal to control podfarm2, but I havent been able to control my DAW Garageband transport controls. I recently configured my Boss DR-880 with my MIDI Studio settings and had to "connect" the device using the mouse to "draw" the in/out connections, in audio midi setup app.

Line6 should investigate and see if the mvk2 express ports can be connected to the DAW of Garageband, on a MACBOOK!!!!!!

by doenges on 2010-06-16 15:44:05

I use the mvk2 express usb pedal to control podfarm2, but I havent been able to control my DAW Garageband transport controls. I recently configured my Boss DR-880 with my MIDI Studio settings and had to "connect" the device using the mouse to "draw" the in/out connections, in audio midi setup app.

Line6 should investigate and see if the mvk2 express ports can be connected to the DAW of Garageband, on a MACBOOK!!!!!!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.