These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Variax Guitars / Bass / Workbench

Does the Variax digital cable (RJ-45) work with some of the Line6 foot controllers?
by Karin23 on 2009-03-29 15:41:16

I'm reading about the probs of the x3 live regarding its USB audio interface. Hence I'm considering to buy the x3 (not live, not pro). Is it possible to use the Variax controlling capabilities of the x3 live using the Variax digital cable (RJ-45) with the x3 and a foot controller? If yes, which foot controller?

Karin

Re: Does the Variax digital cable (RJ-45) work with some of the Line6 foot controllers?
by Mr_Arkadin on 2009-03-29 15:56:25

No, the X3 has no Variax input - the modeller has to have the input - the floorboards only act as a controller to the XT/X3. The Variax cable has to take digital audio to the X3, as well as power and control signals - the foot controllers have nothing to do with actually generating or passing on any audio data so are not going to help you.

Re: Does the Variax digital cable (RJ-45) work with some of the Line6 foot controllers?
by AndyParedes on 2009-03-31 10:31:07

Please be sure to award Helpful and Correct points to community members who respond with helpful or correct answers!

by Phryrduk on 2009-03-31 12:24:32

You could get the X3 pro with the floor board.  I think the pro (rack mount model) has the variax digital input and uses a floor board.

by Karin23 on 2009-04-06 08:47:02

Thanks! That settle it for me.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.