These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD X3

X3 live
by Abee on 2010-04-03 03:42:39

Help me for setting my POD X3 live

Re: X3 live
by silverhead on 2010-04-03 07:03:43

Ummm... we need a little (a lot) more info in order to help you. What exactly are you having trouble with?

by Cacun on 2010-05-11 21:24:43

Yeah We need more intel, anyway there's this guy Glenn deLaune that explains how to get a good tone, this is the link:

Glenns

by Abee on 2010-06-20 05:41:56

sorry my late reply .. I have a problem with the system output to the needs of a gig, how to set output and how I should be striking the cable to the amplifier or mixer?

thanks ..

by silverhead on 2010-06-20 06:18:34

Abee wrote:

sorry my late reply .. I have a problem with the system output to the needs of a gig, how to set output and how I should be striking the cable to the amplifier or mixer?

thanks ..

Again, more info please. What exactly are 'the needs of a gig' in your case?

The X3 Live has XLR and 1/4" outputs. For live venues users typically use the XLR L/R outs to two mixer/PA channel inputs for stereo sound, and optionally use one (or both) 1/4" outs to an amp or onstage monitor for mono (or stereo) sound.

In the Outputs section of the X3L (see Manual Rev E pages 6-2 through 6-4) you can control the panning/muting of both outputs seperately, and also control whether or not the 1/4" outputs receive the X3's cab/mic/room simulation. There are many setup options also described in the manual beginning on page 7-1. One of these might suit your purposes.

by Cacun on 2010-06-20 11:32:13

Hi Abee, I play at my church and I go direct to the PA system using XLR outputs (mode studio/mix.) I tried to use a guitar amp but it did not work for me. Some guys are using the 4CM with their amp.

by Abee on 2010-06-20 12:35:45

I apologize to you earlier .. I really can not talk / communicate with you in English, I only spoke in Indonesian, now I only use google translation to translate what you said to me. I hope you can understand it ..
My problem is that I also lack understanding about the manuals because only speak English, so I decided to learn it in this forum because I might still be translated through google.

Here I want to ask and learn about how to connect to the amplifier or mixer X3Live, because I previously only using headphones for setting x3live me, I felt his voice was so bad when I was playing music on stage, I use the input amplifier. so I need how to use my x3live at setting the stage? I mean how to assemble a cable and also in setting its output so that I can get better sound and good for the hearing?
recently there are also people who have told me that I should insert the cable into the send / return in the amplifier so that I get good sound from my setting on the headphones, how do you think about it?
I asked for directions from you to help me ..
Thank you.

by Cacun on 2010-06-20 14:44:34

Here is the 4 cable method

1. Guitar to X3 live

2. X3 live Fx send to guitar amp input

3. Guitar amp Fx send to x3 live Fx return.

4. X3 live output to guitar amp Fx return.

diagram.jpg

I prefer go direct to the PA system, no amp, it sounds much better for me in that way.

by johnpicton on 2010-06-21 01:17:50

Cacun

I love your diagram, very clear. Thanks.

by Cacun on 2010-06-21 10:27:51

No problem.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.