These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

I WANT MY FREE POD FARM 2 LICENSE!!!
by lpsim7 on 2010-04-07 16:18:00

Line 6 said i do not qualify for the free pf2 license because i  have the older toneport ux1(my toneport ux1 was registered on 12-10-09) and that i needed to have the newer pod  studio ux1or higher to get the free license,that sucks and really makes  no sense to me at all because there are no new amp models or effects  added to pf2, if line 6 provided the free license to all of us with the  older toneports thay would still make money from everyone who buys the  upgraded model packs and premium upgrades,i hope line 6 changes  there there mind about there stance on pf2 license.

Re: RE: I WANT MY FREE POD FARM 2 LICENSE!!!
by Kneehow on 2010-04-07 17:09:43

Hi,

I understand your frustration, but unfortunately the reason why it's not possible is because POD Studio UX2's have the POD Farm Plug-In license burned into their chipsets at the factory. The "free" upgrade to POD Farm 2 is based on that physical license being present... and they are on the POD Studio UX2's.

TonePort UX2's never had that feature. You have to purchase the Plug-In license and install it into the chipset via Monkey.

http://line6.com/community/docs/DOC-4780

Regards,

L6Perry

by lpsim7 on 2010-04-08 07:13:41

You mentioned the toneport ux2,i have the toneport ux1 and would also like to know if i bought the pf2 license will it work with my toneport ux1?,if i buy  the newer pod studio ux1 will i be able to get the free pf2 license?

by BigChas52 on 2010-04-08 08:17:03

Yes and yes, but it will be PF2 standard, which means that only the models that are one the UX1 will be available until you buy some model packs.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.