These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

No sound from Vaio VGN-AR51J speakers/headphones
by Cads666 on 2010-04-08 04:57:45

Hi

I've read through numerous similar posts regarding the guitar input registering with the Pod Farm software yet no output from the laptop.  There is an output from the headphones socket on the UX1 but after setting all outputs on Pod Farm to Speaker/Headphones for lap top it still produces no sound.  The only time I get sound is after recording into mixraft and playing back.

I've reinstalled drivers and still can't see why the output will not go through the Vaio!?!?Help!!

RE: No sound from Vaio VGN-AR51J speakers/headphones
by Kneehow on 2010-04-09 11:40:51

Hello,

This is because the USB Audio Interfaces are external soundcards; they handle input and output via the same USB cable connection.

Most users purchase an external USB audio interface because they're typically an improvement over the built-in soundcards of the laptops.

Here's a document that covers this topic, and the photo in there illustrates the proper setup/behavior of our USB interface. Other manufacturer's USB audio interface follow the same behavior as well, so it's not a Line 6-thing per se.

http://line6.com/community/docs/DOC-4156

Regards,

L6Perry

Re: RE: No sound from Vaio VGN-AR51J speakers/headphones
by Cads666 on 2010-04-10 11:57:17

Thanks for the reply

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.