These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Pod Farm Platinum Realtime Effects Monitor? Recording Software Recomendation?
by mdr88 on 2009-03-30 10:44:45

Howdy do,

I own Pod Farm Platinum for iLok. Does anyone have any recomendations for recording software that will allow me send the signal into my Pod Farm Platinum and hear it before I record it? I currently own Acid Pro 6 and I have a copy of Acid Studio Pro7. It seems that I can only apply effects to a track that has been recorded. There doesn't seem to be a way to play my guitar and monitor the effects with my Pod Farm Platinum iLok activated software. I connect my guitar using a Line 6 Guitarport. I also own an Alesis Multimix Firewire mixing board. Using either of these I can her my signal, but when I activate my Pod Farm Plat Plug-in It's still a clean signal. Is there a way to actually hear Pod Farm Platinum effects realtime monitoring before I record? I am a rookie. =)

Or maybe that's just how Pod Farm Plat iLok works? You can use it to apply to tracks already recorded? Maybe Acid Studio 7 just doesn't have that feature and maybe I should use different recording software? Any recomendations or advice would be cool. I am new at this.

Thanks!

Re: Pod Farm Platinum Realtime Effects Monitor? Recording Software Recomendation?
by mimungr on 2009-03-30 11:37:23

I've never used ACID, so I can't help you there. I use the iLok POD Farm Platinum plug-in with Adobe Audition 3.0, and I'm able to monitor the inputs with effects applied, so it's not a limitation of the plug-in.

Re: Pod Farm Platinum Realtime Effects Monitor? Recording Software Recomendation?
by geeker on 2009-03-30 11:58:26

have you tried putting POD Farm in the effects send or insert of a track. How about in the input channel's insert?

by mdr88 on 2009-03-30 12:14:24

Yes, I think so. I inserted a POD Farm Bus on the mixer. The signal from my guitar is bypassing it somehow. I created a new track and I can select either my Multimix or my Guitar Port as the input and it registers. I have tried setting the playback to the Guitarport, I've tried setting the playback to my Alesis Multimix and even tried having the playback set to my sound card. When I launch the Pod Farm plug-in from the track I want to record, you can see there is no signal from the guitar going through Amp Farm as you can't see anything registering in the Amp Farm Levels.

I have spent hours on this with no luck.

by geeker on 2009-03-30 12:40:14

have you tried the same input without the POD farm plugin? Are you getting a signal in ACID at all? Are you opening POD farm up as a stand alone or as a VST plugin?

sorry to ask all these questions. I wish I could see your computer to help ya out.

I set POD Farm in my Cubase 5's input channel when I want to record what I hear. Now if I want to record a dry track while monitoring through POD farm I would open it up in a send channel.

by mdr88 on 2009-03-30 13:43:23

have you tried the same input without the POD farm plugin? Are you getting a signal in ACID at all? Are you opening POD farm up as a stand alone or as a VST plugin?

Yes, when I create a new Audio Track in Acid, I can set the input to Guitarport, and I see the clean signal registering. I then click on the FX Plug-in and select Pod Farm. It comes up with all of the Amps as it should, When I play my guitar none of the levels register in Podfarm. So I don't know how it sounds. When I hit record and play my guitar back it will have the sound of what ever I selected in Podfarm.

sorry to ask all these questions. I wish I could see your computer to help ya out.

I set POD Farm in my Cubase 5's input channel when I want to record what I hear. Now if I want to record a dry track while monitoring through POD farm I would open it up in a send channel.

Maybe I'll just get a copy of Cubase. All I want to do is here the effects realtime. What do you use to connect your guitar? Do you use Guitarport or a mixing board?

Thanks for your response!

by robbd7 on 2010-08-26 13:05:01

Can you go into more detail of how you do that with Adobe Audition?  I've tried but only get clean until I record then listen back..  What hardware are you using etc..?  Thanks

by Mouley1 on 2011-04-02 03:52:56

Hi,

Just to add to this.

I also get the same situation.

I cannot get a real time POD Farm effect until after I have recorded it. I am using Cubase 4LE with POD Farm Platinum 2 on iLOK.

Very frustrating. Cannot get any help from anyone else. Was beginning to think I was the only one who has the iLOK version.

Must be easier than this to resolve. Any ideas please from Line6? Would be a real life saver. This is stopping me from recording and wasting my days trying to fix something that shouldn't be an issue

6GB ram

Windows 7pro

Lexicon Lambda

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.