These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Guitarport "usb device not recognized"
by kjoel on 2010-04-18 04:04:38

I'm running Windows 7 64bit with the latest line 6 monkey 1.33 and drivers 4.0.2.6 but I'm getting this error whenever I plug in my USB. This is the second time I'm getting this problem. Now I don't even get an Uninstall option. I've had this error for a week now and no amount of reinstalling will fix this. I think my hardware is broken. Please help.

RE: Guitarport "usb device not recognized"
by AndyParedes on 2010-04-21 17:24:19

Hello,

Let's try updating your driver to the latest version (release 4.20.10). Use the following links for additional Line 6 software information:

Line 6 Monkey Installation and F.A.Q.

http://line6.com/community/docs/DOC-3898

Windows: USB Device Driver Installation

http://line6.com/community/docs/DOC-4427

Video Tutorial: Installing Line 6 Drivers & Monkey to a Windows Vista/7 System

http://line6.com/community/docs/DOC-1564

Use the information in this link to optimize your computer to work with Line 6 Gear:

Computer System Audio Optimization

http://line6.com/community/docs/DOC-4201

Microsoft Vista/7 Tweaks and Optimizations: Video

http://line6.com/community/docs/DOC-1490

See the following information for setting up your Line 6 device as the soundcard on your computer:

Setting up your Line 6 device as the External Sound Card on Windows Vista/7 Video Tutorial

http://line6.com/community/docs/DOC-1486

Assigning your Line 6 Device as a Sound Card on your Windows Vista /7 Computer: Screen Shot Tutorial

http://line6.com/community/docs/DOC-1453

Please provide the following information if you are still having problems after following the directions listed:

• Line 6 Product:

• Flash memory, USB Firmware versions installed:

• Line 6 Monkey version installed:

• Line 6 Drivers version installed:

• Line 6 Application (i.e. Riffworks, Line 6 edit, Gearbox) software and version:

• Operating System version

• Is this a dual boot system? If yes, please list all applicable operating systems:

• CPU / Processor Type and Speed

• Amount of RAM:

• USB Ports: (#, location, speed 1.0/2.0):

• USB Devices connected to on your system: (Including any HUBs):

• Security software installed on your system (anti-virus, pop-up blockers, firewalls):

• Audio recording programs on your system (i.e. Sonoma, Ableton, Cakewalk, Pro Tools, etc):

• Audio playback programs on your system (i.e. Real Player, Winamp, Itunes, WMP):

• Type of internet connection: Cable modem, DSL, satellite, dial up:

Please note: Line 6 does not support satellite or dial up internet service

General troubleshooting questions (choose N/A if it does not apply):

• Does Line 6 Monkey recognize your device?

• Have you reinstalled the drivers for this device directly from the Line 6 website for your OS?

• Are you connecting directly to a USB port on the back of your computer?

• Have you tried different USB cables and ports?

• Have you shut down all security software/other programs?

• Have you tried to replicate the problem on a different computer?

Re: RE: Guitarport "usb device not recognized"
by kjoel on 2010-04-22 02:02:16

Installed the latest drivers and nothing. I've tried installing it on my other machine, a laptop, also running Win 7 64bit and I get the same error. The only thing left to try is new usb cables which  I've ordered and should arrive by Monday. If that doesnt work I'm giving up and buying another product.

by AndyParedes on 2010-04-22 09:28:45

Hello,

Please provide the following information:

• Line 6 Product: Guitarport

• Flash memory, USB Firmware versions installed:

• Line 6 Monkey version installed: 1.33

• Line 6 Drivers version installed: 4.0.2.7

• Line 6 Application (i.e. Riffworks, Line 6 edit, Gearbox) software and version:

• Operating System version: Win 64

• Is this a dual boot system? If yes, please list all applicable operating systems:

• CPU / Processor Type and Speed

• Amount of RAM: 4G

• USB Ports: (#, location, speed 1.0/2.0):

• USB Devices connected to on your system: (Including any HUBs):

• Security software installed on your system (anti-virus, pop-up blockers, firewalls):

• Audio recording programs on your system (i.e. Sonoma, Ableton, Cakewalk, Pro Tools, etc):

• Audio playback programs on your system (i.e. Real Player, Winamp, Itunes, WMP):

• Type of internet connection: Cable modem, DSL, satellite, dial up:

Please note: Line 6 does not support satellite or dial up internet service

General troubleshooting questions (choose N/A if it does not apply):

• Does Line 6 Monkey recognize your device?

• Have you reinstalled the drivers for this device directly from the Line 6 website for your OS?

• Are you connecting directly to a USB port on the back of your computer?

• Have you tried different USB cables and ports?

• Have you shut down all security software/other programs?

• Have you tried to replicate the problem on a different computer?

by kjoel on 2010-04-22 18:50:42

Please provide the following information:

•      Line 6 Product: Guitarport

•     Flash memory, USB  Firmware  versions installed: Guitarport firmware 2.07

•     Line 6 Monkey  version installed: 1.33

•     Line 6 Drivers version  installed: 4.0.2.7

•     Line 6 Application (i.e.  Riffworks, Line 6 edit, Gearbox) software and version: Gearbox 3.72

•     Operating System version: Win 7 64

•     Is this  a dual boot system?  If yes, please list all applicable operating  systems: NO

•     CPU / Processor Type and Speed: Intel Quad core Q6600

•     Amount of RAM: 4G

•     USB Ports:  (#, location, speed 1.0/2.0):  (# - 4, location - back of computer, speed - 2.0)

•     USB Devices  connected to on your system: (Including any HUBs): Keyboard, Mouse, no hubs

•     Security software installed on your system (anti-virus, pop-up  blockers, firewalls): Nod32 antivirus

•     Audio recording programs  on your system (i.e. Sonoma, Ableton, Cakewalk, Pro Tools, etc): None

•     Audio playback programs on your system (i.e. Real  Player, Winamp, Itunes, WMP): Winamp, WMP

•     Type of internet  connection: Cable modem, DSL, satellite, dial up: Cable

Please note: Line 6 does not support satellite or dial up internet  service

General troubleshooting questions (choose  N/A if it does not apply):

•     Does Line 6 Monkey  recognize your device? NO

•     Have you reinstalled the  drivers for this device directly from the Line 6 website for your OS? YES

•     Are you connecting directly to a USB port on the back  of your computer? YES

•     Have you tried different USB  cables and ports? Tried different ports, ordered a high quality cable -- will try it as soon as it arrives

•     Have you shut down all  security software/other programs? YES

•     Have you  tried to replicate the problem on a different computer? YES

by ricksox on 2010-04-27 15:13:32

Hello,

It's possible it could be hardware related. Have you been able to connect the device to another computer just to be absolutely sure? That really is the only way to know for sure if your hardware is faulty.

Line6Miller

by kjoel on 2010-04-27 22:33:34

,Yes, I've tried connecting it to my laptop also running Win 7 64bit and it doesn't work. I've also bought and tried a high quality USB cable, so it's got to be a hardware issue. Is there any way I can get it repaired?

by AndyParedes on 2010-04-28 08:39:13

Hello,

Was the unit purchased new or used? If you purchased it new, do you still have the dated receipt?

by kjoel on 2010-04-28 09:30:32

Purchased new in November 09 and I have the receipt.

by AndyParedes on 2010-04-28 10:27:05

Hello,

I have created a support ticket for you regarding this situation. A support ticket allows you to directly correspond with a Line 6 Support Representative. An email will be sent to you from Line 6 containing a link if a Line 6 support representative determines that a ticket is necessary to troubleshoot your issue. Please follow the link in the email to view your open ticket to work one on one with Line 6 Support.

http://line6.com/account/tickets/view/

by fretzburner on 2010-10-27 05:35:39

Is there any schematic for the guitar port so i could repair it myself because i dont have receipt anymore.

Re: Guitarport "usb device not recognized"
by Amaj7 on 2012-09-18 00:23:52

Got the same probleme with toneport UX1 after 5 years of using. I'll look for receipt but anyway is it possible to change a device bought 5 years ago (or maybe even more)?

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.