These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: AX2 / AxSys

AX2 powers on but I don't hear my guitar signal. Just makes slow repeating echo sound
by warzau on 2010-04-18 12:42:29

It powers on and you can hear sound coming out of it but if you plug in a guitar it doesn't recognize any signal from it, it's not picking up the guitar signal or amplifying it. It just makes a slow repeating echo sound over and over. This sound comes out of the head phone jack as well. The controls on the front are responsive and as you click through the presets you can hear differences in the sound, as if it is still processing. Also it makes a scratchy noise when you turn the master knob. I have tried a hard reset, no luck. I tried opening it up and reseating the connections. All the soldering looks good but I'm sure I wouldn't be able to tell if anything was wrong.Any ideas? Does it sound like something fixable? Has anyone gone through service and have any feedback about how it went?

Re: AX2 powers on but I don't hear my guitar signal. Just makes slow repeating echo sound
by FujiMan on 2010-06-17 13:18:05

I have nearly the same problem. I turn the unit on, it goes through it startup, but no sound. If I put it into tuner mode it locks up and doesn't go back to the patch. I have to turn in on and off 10-12 times until I get sound. The volume knob make scratching noises when I move it. I'll probably open mine soon and see if there any issues with the knobs.

Re: AX2 powers on but I don't hear my guitar signal. Just makes slow repeating echo sound
by Apollodude217 on 2011-09-18 08:00:40

I think the master volume is just a simple pot controlling something in analog domain (power amp volume), so cleaning it should help; replacing it should fix the problem.

If you turn the guitar input knob all the way up, can you make the clip light come on when you strum hard?  Does it go off when you mute the strings?  Have you tried replacing the guitar input jack?  Does the Aux input work with the same guitar and cable?

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.