These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Bad/muddy/low input signal > bad processed signal
by charliepatton on 2010-04-25 15:43:29

Hi everyone,

I recently got a POD Studio UX2 interface and I cant seem to find the reason for the crappy sound im getting out of it.

When I plug my guitar directly into the instrument input the built-in level meters are indicating a decent input level but the dry signal is very low and very muddy (+18dB makes it somewhat better but thats not the point), almost no high frequencies and i get a lo-fi, artificial "tinny" sound in general.

Im using the latest drivers, the latest software, have a decent computer configuration and decent monitors. Im playing through a nice Strat with extremely bright Custom Shop '69 pickups..

So now when I try to correct this lack of high frequencies in the processed signal with EQs and what not I get a really nasty sound and basically all the distortions and overdrives sound the same...

I'd really appreaciate it if you could give me a suggestion on what to do in order to fix this problem and luckily get a nice sound from the interface and pod farm's modelling features afterwards

I recorded a few chords for you to hear what I'm talking about..

Thanks in advance!

RE: Bad/muddy/low input signal > bad processed signal
by Line6Hugo on 2010-05-03 09:10:55

It is difficult to tell what the problem could be from the audio file that you provided, but here are some suggestions.

Please completely remove all other USB devices (except for the mouse/keyboard/and the UX2) while troubleshooting this issue. Completely remove ANY USB HUBS, even if not in use, and test the UX2 on all of the computer's USB ports.

Give that a try and let us know if you continue to have problems.

Regards,

Line6Hugo

Re: RE: Bad/muddy/low input signal > bad processed signal
by NeOzFG on 2010-07-01 04:19:59

I have the same problem. I've just bought my UX1, and tryin the guitar on Pod Farm 2 there's no attack, thin sound also on high gain prests (marshall, mesa)...is there anything wrong with levels? Thanks in advance

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.