These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

POD Studio UX2: assign different channel to headphones
by Cubarix on 2010-04-29 00:44:02

Hello! I would ike to use my POD Studio UX2 in a dj-setting, with the outputs going to the club sound system and the headphones jack to, of course, my headphones. The purpose of the headphones is to prelisten other tracks while the audience hears what's comin' out of the main outputs. Problem is I can't seem to find how I can assign different channels to these different outputs (as I would normally do in Cubase or Ableton Live). Is this possible, and if so, how?

Re: POD Studio UX2: assign different channel to headphones
by Rowbi on 2010-04-29 04:05:38

no it's not possible.

i think you may be able to do that with the UX8 though. as that's more geared to having lots of inputs and routing them differently.

by Cubarix on 2010-04-30 02:18:10

Thank you! Do you know if there is a possible workaround?

by Rowbi on 2010-04-30 03:02:06

no i can't think of any way you could do this with a UX2 with the default setup.  the headphone and all the outputs are all taken from the same source I think.  you could try using ASIO4ALL drivers, and then use another sound card for your other headphone output, but that's not supported by line6, so if you can't get it to work, then that's it.

that said, just because I don't know doesn't mean that's 100% certain.

you could check out the pod famr manual here: http://line6.com/support/manuals/and see what it says.  if you can do it, it'll be in there.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.