These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Vyzex Editor

Font problem in Vyzex 1.17 on WINE (Debian Lenny)
by rkoenig on 2010-05-01 14:30:34

Hi,

just installed Vyzex 1.17 on wine in Debian Lenny. Looks almost fine, but there is a problem with the fonts:

screenshot.jpg

I guess you see the problem. No text in the text areas or dropdown fields, just black boxes. If I click on the arrow of a dropdown menu I see the text, but the screen looks like this. What font setting am I missing?

Thanks

Rainer

Re: Font problem in Vyzex 1.17 on WINE (Debian Lenny)
by PsicraftTony on 2010-05-01 14:59:47

Sorry Rainer - Linux is not a supported operating system. The items that are not rendering correctly under this operating system are dependent on certain Microsoft graphics calls that are obviously not being emulated correctly.

Windows XP, Vista & 7 are the supported PC OS platforms,

OSX Tiger, Leopard & Snow Leopard are the supported Mac OS platforms.

There are no plans to add support for Linux in our existing Vyzex editors, although we may add Linux support in future retail Vyzor editor products.

-Tony

by Lucretia9 on 2011-03-10 17:25:26

Hi,

I've just installed the latest Vyzex on Debian 6.0 (Squeeze). You need t:

1. install wine (apt-get install wine cabextract)
  2. install winetricks (alpha) from google code and then run that, follow the prompt to install the gdiplus.dll.
  3. Install Vyzex either by clicking within GNOME/KDE/etc or by typing wine Vyzex\ Pocket\ POD\ 1.17\ Setup.exe in a terminal.
  4. Run winecfg, then add Vyzex as an application, select that and go to libraries tab, add gdiplus, click ok.
  5. Run the Vyzex, the fonts work.

BTW, I also installed all the extra fonts before hand just to see and that didn't do anything, so if gdiplus on it's own doesn't work for you, try adding the fonts too.

Thanks,

Luke.

by Lucretia9 on 2011-03-10 17:33:02

And here are the required Wine screenshots.

Luke.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.