These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Spider I / II / III

Spider iii 75w input jack
by Hillska on 2010-05-03 08:58:49

Hello,

I have had a reoccuring problem with the iput jack on this amp.  In less than a year, the nut that holds the jack onto the face plate has popped off at least 5 times.  When this happens, the jack falls back into the cabinet and I have to go pay the repairman $20 to open the case, retrieve the jack and reattach it.

At first I thought the nut was just workin itself loose, but now It think that it pops off the threads when taking the cord out of the jack.  I think this could be solved by replacing the plastic nut with a metal one, but my local hardware store had nothing like it.  Has anyone else had this problem?  Where can I get a metal nut that will fit?  What do I need to tell a store (ie diameter, thread count etc.) so they can order me one?

Thanks in advance.

RE: Spider iii 75w input jack
by ricksox on 2010-05-03 16:26:02

Hello,

We have replacement nuts for those but they are not metal. One thing I would suggest (at least if this was happening to me) is re-seat the nut one more time but this time, add a dab or two of Loctite. You can get it at any local hardware store.

http://www.loctiteproducts.com/

Line6Miller

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.