These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Spider I / II / III

Spider iii 75w input jack
by Hillska on 2010-05-03 08:58:49

I have had a reoccuring problem with the iput jack on this amp.  In less than a year, the nut that holds the jack onto the face plate has popped off at least 5 times.  When this happens, the jack falls back into the cabinet and I have to go pay the repairman $20 to open the case, retrieve the jack and reattach it.

At first I thought the nut was just workin itself loose, but now It think that it pops off the threads when taking the cord out of the jack.  I think this could be solved by replacing the plastic nut with a metal one, but my local hardware store had nothing like it.  Has anyone else had this problem?  Where can I get a metal nut that will fit?  What do I need to tell a store (ie diameter, thread count etc.) so they can order me one?

Thanks in advance.

RE: Spider iii 75w input jack
by ricksox on 2010-05-03 16:26:02

We have replacement nuts for those but they are not metal. One thing I would suggest (at least if this was happening to me) is re-seat the nut one more time but this time, add a dab or two of Loctite. You can get it at any local hardware store.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.