These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: ToneCore Development Kit

Can the sdk be run in parallels desktop on mac?
by anulsinn on 2009-03-31 14:20:06

header says ist all...

thanks,

U.

Re: Can the sdk be run in parallels desktop on mac
by Kneehow on 2009-04-06 09:39:26

Hello U,

We're in the process of getting a new support representative from Freescale to answer questions in regards to the ToneCore DDK.

My guess is that is will not be guaranteed to run 100% under Parallels simply because none of our software is supported to run within a Virtual Machine mode. Since Symphony Studio is a Freescale application, I'll defer to them for the final word.

L6P

Re: Can the sdk be run in parallels desktop on mac?
by rvha50 on 2009-04-16 13:40:48

Hello ToneCore fans,

We have an experimental Linux version of the Symphony Studio and one of my associates is working on verifying this alternative

tool chain.

I would suggest looking at www.imx31synth.info and see what they have been doing with this tool chain and debug effort using OCD.

They are Mac users and are migrating their tools to Linux under MacOS10.5x.

So how do you get access to Linux based Symphony Studio? It depends on how much support you need to get things running.

This is not an official release of the tools and my ability to support is limited. But let me know how to reach you and we could discuss it.

regards,

RVHA50 - Freescale Apps. Member

Re: Can the sdk be run in parallels desktop on mac?
by tylerromo on 2009-04-26 20:31:49

I have gotten it to work with no noticable hiccups. I haven't had much time to really get too deep in this yet, but i've been able to successfully flash my module and toy with code. I run a macbook pro with a parallells partition on an external drive via FW800 running windows xp

hope this helps!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.