These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Spider IV/Spider Online

Spider IV randomly going into Pitch Glide
by snowbite on 2010-05-06 15:52:45

Hello, I've had a strange problem a handful of times since I bought it new a couple weeks ago. My Spider IV 75W will jump into pitch glide mode, usually shortly after turning the amp on. Is this a known issue? It has happened with and without my FBV Express MKII attached, and also before and after I applied the Spider IV 1.52 update. Thanks for any help!

RE: Spider IV randomly going into Pitch Glide
by Kneehow on 2010-05-06 16:53:18

Hello,

No, that is not correct behavior for a newly purchased amplifier. You should get the amp to the nearest authorized Line 6 Service Center with a copy of your new product purchase receipt for them to diagnose and correct the problem.

http://line6.com/support/serviceCenters

Regards,

L6Perry

Re: RE: Spider IV randomly going into Pitch Glide
by snowbite on 2010-05-06 21:00:49

Will do, Perry. After some more fiddling tonight, I was able to reproduce a few more eccentricities, all related to Pitch Glide. Two amp models, Hi Gain Green and Insane Red, won't respond at all to the pitch glide adjustment with the FX knob. Also, when I use the FBV toe switch, it toggles between volume and pitch glide instead of wah for those two models. I can't get pedal wah to work with them at all. I've tried rolling back to 1.04 firmware and reinstalling 1.52 with no luck. I'll bring it to my local store to see what they can do.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.