These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD X3

Line 6 Monkey unable to connect to Line 6 web servers (Code 8000204E) Sockets: Timed out.
by foxdie on 2010-05-11 14:19:23

Hi,

I've been using my X3 live for about a year now, I had it plug into my dekstop computer that was running Windows XP and everything was well, no problem what so ever.

Till recently, i bought a laptop running Windows 7, and after installing Line 6 Monkey ver 1.33, i couldn't connect to the Line 6 web server for update. I can login with my account just fine, just that it would not update.

I check over some solutions regarding the problem and had done the following:

1. Disable all anti virus programs

2. Disable all pop up blocker from Firefox and Internet Explorer

3. Turning off firewall

4. Running Line 6 monkey with right clicking "run as administrator"

5. Trying both wireless and lan cable connection

6. Reinstalling Line 6 Monkey

7. Rebooting after installation

After trying all sorts of method, i still get the same problem. I don't know if this has anything to do with the new OS Windows 7 because i absolutely had no problems with my desktop running Windows XP before. Besides this, Line 6 Monkey is also not recognizing my X3 live. I had it plug in to my laptop via USB, trying all the USB slots available but no luck. I already have the latest 4.0.2.7 drivers for Windows 7 installed.

My laptop specs are as the following incase you're wondering

Processor: Intel Core i5 m520 @ 2.4Ghz

RAM: 4 GB

I will be grateful to get any sorts of suggestion or solution to my problem. Thanks!

RE: Line 6 Monkey unable to connect to Line 6 web servers (Code 8000204E) Sockets: Timed out.
by ricksox on 2010-05-12 14:38:55

Hello,

Are you trying to connect to our server through a wireless connection or are you using an ethernet connection?

Line6Miller

RE: Line 6 Monkey unable to connect to Line 6 web servers (Code 8000204E) Sockets: Timed out.
by AndyParedes on 2010-05-12 14:39:29

Hello,

Are you connecting using a USB hub? If so, this could be the issue. Se the following links for more information:

USB Connectivity with Line 6 Devices

http://line6.com/community/docs/DOC-1484

See the following link for more installation and setup information, as well as driver install info:

Installing Line 6 Software for Windows 7 Operating System

http://line6.com/community/docs/DOC-1885

If you are still having problems you should try your computer on a different internet connection to see if this resolves your issue.

If you need further assistance, please provide the following information:

• Line 6 Product:

• Flash memory, USB Firmware versions installed:

• Line 6 Monkey version installed:

• Line 6 Drivers version installed:

• Line 6 Application (i.e. Riffworks, Line 6 edit, Gearbox) software and version:

• Operating System version

• Is this a dual boot system? If yes, please list all applicable operating systems:

• CPU / Processor Type and Speed

• Amount of RAM

• USB Ports: (#, location, speed 1.0/2.0):

• USB Devices connected to on your system: (Including any HUBs):

• Security software installed on your system (anti-virus, pop-up blockers, firewalls):

• Audio recording programs on your system (i.e. Sonoma, Ableton, Cakewalk, Pro Tools, etc):

• Audio playback programs on your system (i.e. Real Player, Winamp, Itunes, WMP):

• Type of internet connection: Cable modem, DSL, satellite, dial up:

Please note: Line 6 does not support satellite or dial up internet service

General troubleshooting questions (choose N/A if it does not apply):

• Does Line 6 Monkey recognize your device?

• Have you reinstalled the drivers for this device directly from the Line 6 website for your OS?

• Are you connecting directly to a USB port on the back of your computer?

• Have you tried different USB cables and ports?

• Have you shut down all security software/other programs?

• Have you tried to replicate the problem on a different computer?

Re: Line 6 Monkey unable to connect to Line 6 web servers (Code 8000204E) Sockets: Timed out.
by foxdie on 2010-05-13 03:18:01

@Miller

Yes, i have tried connecting to the Line 6 servers through both wireless and ethernet connection but the result were still the same.

@Andy

No, I'm not using any USB hubs to connect my pod to my laptop. I'm connecting them directly from the laptop's own USB ports. I even tried all of them.

Although Line 6 Monkey and Pod Farm 2 was not able to detect my device, fortunately Gearbox detects it just fine. I can see all the presets i've set in my X3 live perfectly on my laptop screen. Anyway, i have also tried experimenting with other laptops i have, which runs Windows XP. I still could not connect to the Line 6 servers for update but was able to get Monkey detecting my device. I have also run a test on other pc i have which runs Windows 7 and they were all showing the same problems as my Windows 7 laptop. The way things are leads me to conclude that its sort of a OS problem here that prevents Monkey from detecting my device.

Another thing i find different between Windows 7 and XP were, on 7 i didn't see any other choice but PodXT alone as the device to connect to line 6 Monkey, whereas on XP, i was given a long choice of line 6 devices to choose from.

•     Line 6 Product: Pod X3 Live

•     Flash memory, USB  Firmware  versions installed: High Speed USB 2.0

•     Line 6 Monkey version  installed: 1.33

•     Line 6 Drivers version installed: 4.0.2.7

•     Line 6 Application (i.e. Riffworks, Line 6 edit, Gearbox) software  and version: PodFarm 2.0, Gearbox 3.72

•     Operating System version: Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

•     Is  this a dual boot system?  If yes, please list all applicable operating  systems: None

•     CPU / Processor Type and Speed: Intel Core i5 m520 @ 2.4Ghz

•     Amount of RAM: 4 GB

•     USB Ports: (#, location, speed  1.0/2.0): 3, 2.0

•     USB Devices connected to on your system:  (Including any HUBs): Mouse, Keyboard

•     Security software installed on your  system (anti-virus, pop-up blockers, firewalls): AVG Antivirus

•     Audio  recording programs on your system (i.e. Sonoma, Ableton, Cakewalk, Pro  Tools, etc): Adobe Audition 3.0

•     Audio playback programs on your system (i.e.  Real Player, Winamp, Itunes, WMP): iTunes

•     Type of internet  connection: Cable modem, DSL, satellite, dial up: DSL

Please note:  Line 6 does not support satellite or dial up internet service

General troubleshooting questions (choose N/A if it does not apply):

•     Does Line 6 Monkey recognize your device? Yes on Gearbox and No on Monkey and Farm

•     Have you  reinstalled the drivers for this device directly from the Line 6 website  for your OS? Yes

•     Are you connecting directly to a USB port on  the back of your computer? Yes

•     Have you tried different USB  cables and ports? Yes

•     Have you shut down all security  software/other programs? Yes

•     Have you tried to replicate the  problem on a different computer? Yes

The first image i include below were taken from my other laptop running Windows XP and the second image "problem 2" were taken from my laptop running Windows 7.

by ricksox on 2010-05-13 09:26:51

Hello,

I've run into this error before on my own laptop. One thing that resolved it was turning off my wireless card while I was connected via ethernet.

Can you try this and let me know if it works? Thanks.

Line6Miller

Re: RE: Line 6 Monkey unable to connect to Line 6 web servers (Code 8000204E) Sockets: Timed out.
by foxdie on 2010-05-13 14:49:50

Hi,

Yes i have tried it before and it did not work. I switch off my wireless and plug in my ethernet cable.

Ok, i try connecting again today with my wireless connection and miraculously i'm able to connect to the line 6 servers for update! and not just that, Monkey is also detecting my X3 live. Wow i don't know what just happen but things just went in place by itself.

Anyway thanks for looking through my problem and helping me out here.

by AndyParedes on 2010-05-13 15:10:43

glad to hear you were able to resolve your situation!

Re: RE: Line 6 Monkey unable to connect to Line 6 web servers (Code 8000204E) Sockets: Timed out.
by OMSON on 2010-11-16 15:27:43

I have only wireless connection and the same problem (Code 8000204E). My OS is Win7 Ultimate 64-bit, USB card is TP-Link TL-WN422G, firewall rules is right and I'm sure that is nothing block Line6 Monkey... So what is the problem?

Early I was successful activated my GX on notebook with the same OS and kind of connection (integrated wireless card Atheros) and another regular PC computer with wired Ethernet connection (OS is Win XP Professional SP3 32-bit)...

Give me some advice about retrieve this error, please.

Ok - I have solution about an error (code 8000204E) Sockets: Timed out!

Wireless connection bring an error when is trying to login Line 6 server, becouse Line 6 Monkey is dependent for MS Internet Explorer LAN preferences...

When default is proxy - then Line 6 Monkey cannot correctly login. So only what to do is change this setting on automatic configuration (go to IE-->Tools-->Internet options-->Connections-->Lan preferences-->uncheck 'Proxy server' and check 'Automatic detect settings'). Thats all...

In the case, it's working.

Message was edited by: OMSON

Re: Line 6 Monkey unable to connect to Line 6 web servers (Code 8000204E) Sockets: Timed out.
by LukeOxendale on 2012-12-11 15:55:00

I am having the same issue, except I have already checked the configuration, and "Automatic detect settings" is already checked.  What do you think is the problem?

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.