These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: JM4 Looper

"No SD Card in unit"
by pipojumper on 2010-05-13 13:47:43

Hello everybody,

Well, everything is in the title... I'm trying for more than a week now to read some .wav files on my JM4 Looper... I've searched a lot on different forums and I already know those things:

- 1GB or 2GB card

- 16 bits, 44kHz and mono .wav file

- FAT16 formated card

And more...

But, even when I want to upgrade the firmware, and only that, I have the same message coming and coming again: "No SD Card in unit". I tried with a 8GB SD card as well, and still the same... I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but my card isn't readed by the JM4, even it's not for a .wav file.

So, before going to the music store, I want to know if someone can help me here, please.

Thank you very much

Re: "No SD Card in unit"
by Rowbi on 2010-05-14 04:17:15

try this. copy the data off the card to your PC.

then put it into your JM4 and try to format it.  did that work?

if not, if it a normal kind of SD card?  and not a mini SD in an adapter?

only up to 2GB cards will work, as anything bigger is classed as SDHC which is a different formatted card.

if you still have no luck, I'd say it's a fault with your JM4 and you'll need a service http://line6.com/service_centers/

Re: "No SD Card in unit"
by pipojumper on 2010-05-14 18:58:35

It's smart and I tried, but it still not work, always the same message "No SD card in unit", and my SD card is a 2GB and a normal one, I'll go tomorrow to the store in Paris where I've bought it and I'll see. Thank you for your help.

RE: "No SD Card in unit"
by Line6Hugo on 2010-05-17 08:35:44

+1 to Rowbi's recommendations

Also, have you tried using a different SD card that is 2 gigs or less? OR format the card you have on your computer to FAT or FAT16 format after removing the files as Rowbi mentioned.

If the problem persists, you may need to take the unit to an authorized service center:

http://line6.com/service_centers/

Regards,

Line6Hugo

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.