These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

UX1 crackling, buzzing and making alot of noise!
by ategra on 2010-05-18 15:22:43

Hi. I have made several posts on this before, but it seems it hasn't been solved. So I got a toneport UX1, and everytime I use it I get crackling from time to time. The noise is coming sometimes every 5th second, and sometimes every minute.

A guy on one of my previous post said that his sound occours when his graphic card is working, and later I noticed that's my case as well. I have done everyting Line6 tells me to do to prevent this, but it doesn't seem to work. I actually have stopped using my UX1 because of this. Really sad to pay over 100 bucks to get a useless thing.

I have googled the problem and it seems I'm not the only one having this. So the main question is: Is the problem solved in any way, and if not; why haven't Line6 done something about it?

I'm currently got Windows 7 64bit. Got a intel quad core CPU, XFX GeForce 260gtx, 650 watt ps, 4 GB ram and a nvidia chipset. And for the Line6 people, DONT just post some how-to guide this time. It doesn't help this problem.

Anyone got the same problem or a solution to this?

Re: UX1 crackling, buzzing and making alot of noise!
by ategra on 2010-05-19 17:26:16

bump

RE: UX1 crackling, buzzing and making alot of noise!
by ricksox on 2010-05-21 15:16:23

Hello,

Below are some tips that have helped some people in the past. I can't guarantee they will help you. It's obvious that we have a driver problem and we are taking steps to resolve this however, these things take time.

Please try the tips below. If they do not help you then let me know. I can create a support ticket for you and add you to a bug that I have logged for this. The more cases we see the faster these things get resolved.

1. Fill out your support profile at http://line6.com/account/supportprofile/

2. Ensure that you have tested all cables to make sure that they are not defective (USB, audio, etc.)

3. Ensure that you have all cables connections set up properly

4. Adjust the Buffer Slider in the Line 6 Audio MIDI Control Panel. (Windows Users: Start/All Programs/Line6/Tools/Audio-MIDI Devices; Mac Users: System Preferences/Other/Audio-MIDI Devices)

5. Adjust Sample Rates and Bit Depths in the Line 6 Audio MIDI Control Panel and ensure that the Sample Rates and Bit Depth settings in the Line 6 Audio MIDI Control Panel also match the project settings in your DAW/recording application

6. Ensure that you have the Line 6 device set up in your operating system as the main input/output device (sound card); disable internal sound card in your operating system’s Device Manager control panel

7. Ensure that your Line 6 USB Device is not connected to a powered USB hub; direct USB ports are required and please try ALL available direct USB ports during the troubleshooting process

8. Remove all non-essential USB peripherals from the computer (not the mouse or keyboard)

9. Disable any wireless cards on computer in Device Manager

10. Set Power Schemes on computer in Control Panel (PC Only) to Always On

11. There are also several other tips and optimizations you can make on your PC. Please refer to the following document for more information:

http://line6.com/data/l/0a06007213339477ea0690cb2a/application/pdf/GearBox%203.5%20and%20later%20Windows%20XP%20&%20Vista%20Audio%20Tips%20&%20Optimizations%20(Rev%20A)%20-%20English.pdf

Line6Miller

by ategra on 2010-05-26 05:20:41

It actually helped a little bit, but not entierly. Filled out the support ticket. Please let me know if you have any more ideas.

by ategra on 2010-06-07 05:18:46

So no one gonna awnser or..? I dont get it -_-

by singardia on 2010-06-13 05:56:48

I just posted the same issue before I found this.    I just bought a new machine hoping it was going to be a lot better than my 8 year old XP.  I use eJamming almost every day and I was getting choppy sound exactly every minute for 8 seconds.     I assumed it was ejamming or a bandwidth issue, but it happens with just pod farm running.    I have not tried my GX yet.

I have a Vista laptop that I can use the UX1 on if I have to, but I hope this gets fixed soon. 

UPDATE:  I just made the UX1 speakers the default, disabled the WLAN card, the Intel High Definition Audio HDMI and the Realtek High Definition Audio devices and the issue seems to be gone!  I may reverse them one at a time to see when it comes back.

UPDATE:  For me it is the wireless LAN card.   In device manager, the choppiness comes and goes when I enable and disable it.    The sound devices do not affect it.

Re: RE: UX1 crackling, buzzing and making alot of noise!
by mwalter260 on 2012-10-06 00:43:16

My problem is similar. Only the crackle is more of a quick snap every few seconds. It does this with all audio besides pod farm v2. Tested several sets of head phones, cables and monitors. Had the Ux1 for a few months now and it has never done it before. For sure a driver problem? Or should I try to replace the unit before my warrenty expires?

Re: RE: UX1 crackling, buzzing and making alot of noise!
by mwalter260 on 2012-10-25 09:12:00

So it has kind of gotten worse. Now, when I play live it sounds fine. When I go back to listen to the recordings they have alot of crackling and distortion. Again, I have never had this problem. I have tried adjusting buffers and bit rates but nothing seems to be working. I figured just possibly the unit needed to be replaced. When I mention the warrenty on my ticket line 6 stops mailing me lol

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.