These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

All of the clip signal lights are blinking on my UX8!!
by chrissawin on 2010-05-19 16:25:28

Can you help me figure out why all the lights are blinking on my UX8?  The lights started blinking before I connected it to my laptop.

Re: All of the clip signal lights are blinking on my UX8!!
by chrissawin on 2010-05-19 18:01:31

I read through some other posts of people that had similar problems and it sounds very similar to this post in that I cannot turn off the machine unless I actually unplug it from the wall.

http://line6.com/community/message/92797#92797

Alsoworth noting is that this problem occurred before I tried to plug it into a computer - so I believe the problem is independent of any pc-based software issues (such as drivers).

by geeker on 2010-05-19 18:08:57

Have you tried plugging the UX8 first into the computer BEFORE you turn it on? I never turn on my UX8 before connecting it to my computer or laptop. I always boot up my computer first, connect the UX8 up to my computer and then turn it on.

by chrissawin on 2010-05-20 11:38:32

yep - that was one of the first things i tried.  i tried every possible sequence i could think of and got the same thing - 1. all the lights start blinking, 2. the device isn't visible to my computer or recording software and 3. the device cannot be shut off using the on/off switch - it must be unplugged to turn off.  thanks  for the suggestion.

by geeker on 2010-05-20 13:40:08

I would uninstall all the drivers.... delete the Line 6 folder.............. reboot the computer............ try a clean install of Line 6 Monkey.... and do it all over again then see what happens.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.