These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Spider Jam

trash, trash, trash.........garbage.
by guitargil on 2010-05-21 18:22:36

I spent $600 on my Line 6 spider jam.  I haven't played it once because it was broken right out of the box.  Absolute trash.  The company I bought my amp from offered a 80% refund.  Wow, what a bunch of trash.  I lose 20% of my money because I got a broken unit.  I haven't heard a peep out of any line 6 customer service.  Guess what?  I got a useless box of technology that does nothing for $600.  Its ok though, I'm not hurting for money right now.  I have plenty of time to speak of my losses.  I plan on dedicating the entire month of June to blogging about my experience with both companies.  The losses that Line 6 and the other company will face, will far exceed the value of $600.  I guess everyone loses with me.  Garbage situation, garbage company.

Re: trash, trash, trash.........garbage.
by smartshopper on 2010-05-21 19:03:49

I have three sons.  They all want a Spider Jam (Line 6).  I was going to buy two amps, so they could all three share the two amps.  I was about to make the purchase, but after reading your message, I declined.  I don't care how good a amp is supposed to be.  If the amp doesn't even work and you got no customer support,  I can't spend over a $1000 on amps with a company like that.  No matter what product they offer.  The companies I shop with treat their customers much better than that.  You as the consumer have done nothing wrong, except purchasing their product.  The Line 6 company should have tested that amp before sending it out.  I know one thing:  A great company earns forgiveness from their customers for their mistakes, usually through compensation.  Let me know if you receive any compensation for your troubles, grief, inconveinence, etc.  Message me the results of the issue, I will help blogging your story!

-The smart shopper

by Buy-A-GDec on 2010-05-22 00:57:40

Sounds like guitargil and smartshopper are the same person. He must have created another profile to reply to his own comments.

by Iangw on 2010-05-22 01:52:25

I think you got it all wrong line 6 customer sevice is good you should get a replacement unit but to shout trash on a forum is very troll like if you read a lot of comments on the forum you will see I am right

by Buy-a-Fender on 2010-05-22 05:06:01

I have to agree with you guys...

number 1 it is blatantly obvious that this guy has posted twice under different names.

Oldest trick in the book for trolls trying to make it appear like they have support for their argument.

And number 2 this guy is way too dramatic.

If you have a problem Line 6 will address it as long you are patient and use the proper channels.

See the support section for options to get the amp serviced.

If you look on the contacts page you will also find a phone number

by joegillespie on 2010-05-22 07:01:08

In the UK, any product sold has to be 'fit for purpose'. The resonsibility for repair/replacement lies with the retailer not the manufacturer. I have never heard of anybody offering a 80% refund. If the amp was sold faulty or the fault developed in a very short time, it should be replaced. If you bought it with a credit card and you can prove the amp was faulty you can claim against the credit card company.

by metallica-one on 2010-05-22 14:50:27

Thats extremely funny to me...lol.  Its obviously the same guy.  I would be shocked if it wasn't the same guy.   Or maybe its the same woman because thats the way my wife acts :)  drama, drama, drama.  I can tell this person isn't the brightest star in the sky...if you know what I mean.   Either way, the situation remains the same through my eyes.  I think the customer is frustrated and doesn't know what else to do, so that person is freaking out.  Most people don't understand one thing:  Not every consumer is as efficient as every other consumer out there in the marketplace.  Especially, when it comes to shipping larger items back to obtain refunds, exchanges, or servicing.  Some people need more help than others.  That person probably has never needed to return or ship anything in their entire life.  I'm assuming thats why all the drama is pouring out.  I run an e-business for a living, but I don't sell any electronics or instruments though.  I must say, in my opinion, the customer is still right.  The customer has not done anything wrong except freak out.  That customer recieved a defective item and it should handled by someone that has been educated to handle it.  I never expect anything from my customers, such as common knowledge for handling matters like this one.  If there is a problem, I take care of it.  My company, my job, my customer, my income, my problem, not theirs.  The customer is extremely dramatic, however that customer is still RIGHT in my book.

Metallica rules

by Buy-A-GDec on 2010-05-22 15:07:37

LOL It's the same guy again!

Give it a rest, just take the amp back to where you bought it from and get a replacement.

by Buy-a-Fender on 2010-05-22 15:48:08

I suspect you are right flimbo

odd how all of a suuden we have 3 newly registered users all on the same post

either the guy really got a bad amp or he works for Fender! LOL!

at any rate - Dude - stop already - contact Line 6 by phone if necessary. It ain't a perfect world and things go wrong. Line 6 usually takes care of things. But you ain;t getting nowhere by ranting and raving here.

by joegillespie on 2010-05-23 00:40:09
he works for Fender! LOL!

The g-dec brand manager has every right to be p**sed-off by Line6

by Avengeror on 2010-05-27 00:34:35

Yeah I bought a SPIDER JAM (great sounding for size and class) from Guitar Center Bakersfield and the output for footswitch didn't work. Lucky for me I bought the extended warrenty and the amp was replaced. The new Spider Jam lights up the MKII FBV footpedal, but none of the functions like the pedal and/or switches do anything. My pilots manual says to use older version footpedal, not MKII, but discontinued FBV Express footpedal. The problem with compatiblity of the MKII footpedal should be easier to resolve without having to waist a lot of valuable time searching here and there to make this work. Why can't Line-6 just address this problem openly on section for SPIDER JAM AMP and/or FBV EXPRESS MKII PEDAL sections of their website and offer a plainly stated solution?

PUZZLED AND CONFUSED!

by Buy-a-Fender on 2010-05-27 04:58:44

Avengeror - please don't feed the troll

I doubt whether Line 6 will adress issue in this thread simply becasue it is a rant.

You ar enot going to increase your chances of getting help by double posting.

Try to stick with your original thread and I am sure someone will be able to help.

by AndyParedes on 2010-06-04 15:24:29

Hello,

It appears that you posted your original situation here:  http://line6.com/community/thread/36957

Here was the reply you received:

Hello,

Please register your product and complete all the end user information on your account.  Then perform a factory reset and see the amp trouble shooting for more tips:

Spider Jam presets, Specifications, And F.A.Q.
  http://line6.com/community/docs/DOC-4629

Amp Troubleshooting
  http://line6.com/community/docs/DOC-4488

Please let us know if you are still having problems and we can look into this further.

You did not do any of the things requested (register gear, complete mailing info), and you never let us know if you were still having problems by responding to your ticket.  You posted this thread on the same day as your other thead - so you are saying that you are still having problems after doing the trouble shooting?  If so, why didn't you reply to your original thread so we could continue to help you?  Why did you "not" mark this as a question (as you did not your first post) so Line 6 would be able to assist?

If you are still having problems after the troubleshooting you can either take your unit to a local service center or call Line 6 directly to arrange an RMA.  See the following links for more warranty information:

Product Repair
http://line6.com/community/docs/DOC-1606

Line 6 Product Warranty
http://line6.com/community/docs/DOC-4838

and for the curious - I checked the email addys on the first two posts - I am pretty sure they are the same end user (not so sure about Metallica-one though)

by Buy-a-Fender on 2010-06-04 18:58:01

good to see your reply Andy - well stated!

I suspect our troll has left the neighborhood after he found out we were on to him.

Steve

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.