These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Pod Farm 2 MIDI Learn in Logic
by jtb256 on 2010-05-25 21:32:14

Hello,

I am trying to control Pod Farm 2 parameters via an external MIDI controller in Logic but am unable to get the MIDI commands to send to Pod Farm 2 as a plug-in.

I'm fairly new at Logic - and this is most likely a Logic question - but I figured I'd start here.

Here's the details:

Pod Farm 2 Plug-In

Mac Mini Computer

GuitarPort USB interface

ART X15 Utlrafoot MIDI foot controller

MAUDIO UNO MIDI to USB cable

Logic 9

The foot controller is sending MIDI commands to Logic; Logic is registering the commands as sent, but they are not translating to the plug-in. The MIDI Learn functionality in Pod Farm 2 is great and works fine when I run the standalone package but I am not getting the same results when running it as a plug-in. I've spent some time trying to research this and am not sure if I need to set up a side chain or separate MIDI track to communicate the commands. Frankly the research quickly got over my head, so I am wondering if anyone could point me to documentation available on the subject that can explain the procedure.

Thanks in advance and please excuse my ignorance

JB

Re: Pod Farm 2 MIDI Learn in Logic
by redlogic on 2010-05-26 15:41:32

Have you tried the Automation Quick Access feature of Logic when using POD Farm as a plugin.

See page 827 of the Logic 9 PDF Manual available from the link below.

http://documentation.apple.com/en/logicpro/

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.