These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD 2.0, PODxt Family, Pocket POD, FloorPODs

Problem with output mode pod xt live
by chempi on 2010-05-29 21:21:38

Hi, I use my pod xt live through a mixer, and I always have used the headphones output, now I am using the pod connected to an amp, and the problem is that I can not change the studio direct mode, even with no cable at headphone output, I turn the effect twek dial and nothing happens, can I change the output mode with gearbox or line6 edit?

Thanks

Re: Problem with output mode pod xt live
by toneman2121 on 2010-05-30 08:33:03

no, not with gearbox or edit. i would try reflashing the memory

Re: Problem with output mode pod xt live
by chempi on 2010-05-30 09:17:17

Hi,  I already did it, but it did not solve the problem, and I am in Colombia, so I cant take it to a service center, I think that it is related to the internal switches in the jack connector for headphones, maybe somenthing is blocked.

RE: Problem with output mode pod xt live
by AndyParedes on 2010-06-02 13:15:12

Hello,

If the headphone jack is damaged it may "think" it is connected by headphones and not allow the PODxt to change output modes. Since you are already reflashed the unit will need to go to service:

La Colonial

Carrera 7 No 57-43

Bogota, Cundinamarca

0057-254-5561 (phone)

Re: RE: Problem with output mode pod xt live
by chempi on 2010-06-02 14:43:36

Thanks Andy, I will contact them, but my headphone output is working flawless, the only problem is that I can not change the output mode, maybe some kind of short circuit is causing the pod to think that headphones are always connected.

by toneman2121 on 2010-06-03 06:29:25

run the headphone jack in and out of the input a few times while the pod is on. maybe that will clear it

by chempi on 2010-06-05 10:11:37

Hi I am also a electronic technician, and the warranty is already expired, so I open my pod xt live, and I found a burn component close to the headphone jack, it is labeled as L1, I think that it is something like a small coil, (inductor), The problem is that it is a surface mounted part, where can I find the part reference or some additional data to replace it?

Thanks

by toneman2121 on 2010-06-05 14:59:29

i'm afraid L6 doesn't give out  that info. maybe a service center will. you can try contacting them. perhaps a few. ask them wha tL1 is. i'll open mine and see if i can find a reference.

by toneman2121 on 2010-06-05 15:21:58

sorry man no luck

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.