These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Stompbox Modelers / ToneCore

These United States using DL-4 Delay Modeler
by TheseUnited on 2010-06-01 12:59:39

Hello,

I work with a band called These United States and two of the members use the DL-4 Delay Modeler, which they absolutely love, and am looking to get in touch with someone to discuss the issues they've been having in regards to the pedal. The band tours often and  in about 20-30 shows (two months time), the pedals are breaking. They are sending the pedals to be repaired, but they often break shortly after these repairs are made. Each has gone through about 5 of these pedals in the last year. Due to the cost of these pedals, the band can't keep going through this process, but since this pedal is their absolute favorite they would be very dissappointed if they had to stop using them. That said, I'm curious if we can set up some sort of deal where they could send the pedals in to be repaired for a lower cost than they'd find elsewhere, or possibly no cost. These guys are very committed to this product, they just want to make sure they are getting the most for their purchases. I'd really like to figure out what solution we can reach so both parties are happy. Please let me know what you think about this and feel free to let me know if you have any questions on our end.

Thanks for your time and I look forward to hearing from you.

Best,

Shoshanna Howard

shoshanna@unitedinterest.com

myspace.com/theseunited

RE: These United States using DL-4 Delay Modeler
by AndyParedes on 2010-06-02 16:30:34

Hello,

What is failing on the pedal? The Line 6 service center warranty is 90 from the date of the repair, so if the pedal is failing within that warranty period you should contact the service center and have the service center go through the pedal again.

Product Repair

http://line6.com/community/docs/DOC-1606

Be aware that impact damage is not going to be covered under any Line 6 warranty. See the following link for more warranty information.

Line 6 Product Warranty

http://line6.com/community/docs/DOC-4838

Re: RE: These United States using DL-4 Delay Modeler
by TheseUnited on 2010-06-16 09:34:41

Thanks for getting back. It appears the solder joints attaching the switch to the circuit board are breaking  loose. The two players using this pedal are diffidently not hitting them to hard as one sits on a stand and the swtiches are adjusted by hand. Since the band is so loyal to these pedals, is there any way I could talk with someone about setting up a deal where they are able to send in the pedals for repair if it breaks after 90 days?

Thanks you.

Re: RE: These United States using DL-4 Delay Modeler
by TheseUnited on 2010-07-12 11:21:08

Hi there,

I'm still waiting to hear a response to my previous message about the pedal. Again:  It appears the shoulder joints attaching the switch to the circuit board  are breaking  loose. The two players using this pedal are diffidently  not hitting them to hard as one sits on a stand and the swtiches are  adjusted by hand. Since the band is so loyal to these pedals, is there  any way I could talk with someone about setting up a deal where they are  able to send in the pedals for repair if it breaks after 90 days?

Thank you.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.