These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Line 6 Lounge

Geekers Small Home Studio
by geeker on 2009-04-02 08:14:07

Ok, here's my little home studio.I'll post the pics first and then list the equipment later. CIMG6396.JPG

This is what ya see when ya walk in. One computer (left,silver) is for the Internet and the other one (right,black) is my DAW. The gray box next to the rack of effects is a 220v to 110v transformer/converter. Half my studio is 110v and the other 220v.

CIMG6397.JPG

Some of my guitars. There's a Roland VS-890 that covered at the bottom of that old brown shelf, then in the middle is two external hard drives. One is a terra bite and the other is 250 gigs. Then a audiophile USB soundcard. I use only the MIDI on that thing. That's sitting on a external CD burner Then on top is a USB turntable.

CIMG6398.JPG

This is why the internet computer has to be put in the living room. I'm working on a drum track and hanging out here.

There's a Hughes & Kettner Red Box Pro next to the Samson Headphone amp, a Boss DR-550mkII drum machine, a ART Tube Pre-amp, JL Cooper Datasync2. Underneath all that is the Tascam DP-004 Pocketstudio. On the right is a ADAT XT. Underneath it is a Technics DAT recorder. Then you can see my Toneport GX. I sometiimes mix out of the computer to the ADAT or to the DAT recorder.

The ADAT is used for 8 extra input/output channels. I have the ADAT lightpipe connected to the Echo Layla 24. This gives me a total of 16 inputs and 16 outputs. No use for it here but there was a use for it in my old place.

CIMG6399.JPG

Thje mixer is a Mackie CR1604-VLZ. My effects rack.There are two 110v RackRider Power conditioners on top. The blue thing is a ART Tube Preamp, Under that is my second Digitech Studio Quad V@ four channel multi-effects unit, Under that is my Echo Layla 24 sound card (silver), the below that is two dbx PB-48 patch bays, below those are a dbx 296 Spectral Enhancer, then a dbx 266XL dual channel compressor/gate, below that is a dbx 166A dual compressor gate and last is a Behringer Edison stereo image prcessor with a phase meter. The little red box is a active D.I. box by Behringer.

Look!!!! I got my X3 Live back!!! LOL. The most important thing is the cup of coffee.........

CIMG6400.JPG

My stack of guitar cases, all empty except two of them. I've got more down in the basement. My two Gator bags. One is for the XT Live. My Shure wireless case. I have to sell it now since Sennheiser is sponsoring my band now. We're getting the new and latest wireless gear next week!!!!

CIMG6401.JPG

The one bottom rack underneath the Tech 21 Power Engine has a Digitech Studio Quad V2 effects processor and the other one has my Toneport UX8 in it. Then ya got the Tech 21, Peavey Studio 112, some cheap Ibanez practice amp I got for 10 bucks. On the righ next to the stack of small amps is a guitar stand case that has my cables in it. It holds up to five guitars when it's set up on stage. The big silver case has my M13 and Boss expression pedal, The brown case has my XT Live in it right now but the X3 Live will be put back into it. The small silver case has my Gig-FX mega wah, Digitech Whammy, BBE Sonic Stomp, MXR Micro-Amp and the Marshall JVM amp Foot controller. And yes.....those for shelves at the bottom are filled with LPs. LOL I love vinyl.

CIMG6402.JPG

My shelf with guitar magazines (sheet/tabs).

CIMG6403.JPG

The Behringer FCB 1010 MIDI controller(very top)and some more effects stomp boxes.....

CIMG6404.JPG

Boss case (very top) that has my Boss DD-3, CH-2, TU-2,RV-2 pedals, ISP Decimator, Marshall Jackhammer. The one thing sticking up is a Korg Tone Works AX30B Bass effects pedalboard and the one case next to it has the Behinger Bass V-amp. It has guitar amp sims too. I haven't taken that thing out of it's case in years. LOL

CIMG6406.JPG

More crap

CIMG6407.JPG

The shelves!!!

OH!!! I forgot this pic......LOL

CIMG6279.JPG

The only thing missing is the UX8.......

Re: Geekers Small Home Studio
by fester2000 on 2009-04-02 08:17:13

Nice pics, Geeker -- and I somehow missed that you've got a Sennheiser sponsorship -- awesome!!! Congrats on that!!!

Cheers,

Fester2k

by geeker on 2009-04-02 08:24:19

Thanks man. We go next weekend to tour the some company HQ in Hannover. Plus we pick up our stuff!!!!! They already gave us a mic for my guitar amp, some mics for the drummer and a couple of vocal mics. Now were getting all wireless stuff and plus we have to do some "live" workshops for them. Seems like it'll be fun!!!!

I need to send a packet I had ready for over a year to Line 6 and see if I can get endorse by them since me and the bass player use X3 Live boards. I'm just too chicken............maybe I'll send it out next week.........

by geeker on 2009-04-02 10:32:46

CIMG5962.JPG

This is my Marshall JVM setup. I sometimes use a 4x12 cab.

by geeker on 2009-04-02 10:34:36

pedalboard.jpg

here's another setup I use.

by geeker on 2009-04-02 10:35:43

. oooops

by BriHar on 2009-04-03 11:52:58

...And a very fine setup it is too ...

Yes it does seem we have similar tastes is seating ( or perhaps just a similar budget )

I should think however that somewhere, if nowhere else then at least on that shelf labelled "more crap" you would find room for a Lava Lamp Then we're talkin' serious studio

Tschau

by geeker on 2009-04-03 12:00:41

LOL.....it's behind the right speaker.

CIMG6414.JPG

by BriHar on 2009-04-03 13:03:24

Ahaa!

Welcome in the club then  

Don't be ashamed of it, flaunt it

by Rowbi on 2009-04-03 14:15:20

wow you've got some cool gear... i'm gonna use your photos to proove to my wife that my collection of gear is small, and that I can buy more gear :-)

keep rockin!

by geeker on 2009-04-03 14:35:02

Thanks Rowbi but make sure I get a commission........

by roblof on 2009-04-04 00:57:04

Wow, so much stuff and yet the room seems so decent clean.

My piles fall down if I pass them too quickly and I need a map to navigate around in my room.

by geeker on 2009-04-04 02:19:29

I wouldn't be able to walk around my studio if I left a mess. So I have to keep it clean........lol

by TheRealZap on 2009-04-09 10:44:26

Very impressive geekster! i moved like 2 years ago and alot of my stuff is boxed up and stored i'd guess that you have some relics stashed somewhere as well...

i have three entire 6 spot pedal boards that i don't use anymore... 2-dod sets, and a boss set... and the odd zoom\dod multi-effects as well...

can't say i miss them much with the X3L... my wife keeps saying i should open my own pawn shop! haha

by geeker on 2009-04-14 09:13:01

zap3nc wrote:

my wife keeps saying i should open my own pawn shop! haha

My wife says the same thing.....BUT I will never sell my old stuff.

by geeker on 2009-04-15 12:12:27

LOL......so I've been organizing about 9 years worth of pictures and I came across these. they're from 2000 and 2001.

Bild_0125.jpg

688_890.JPG

guitar_corner.JPG

drums.JPG

hey geeker nice setup i need some advice plz help
by streetthug_cena on 2009-05-31 00:55:51

using sony acid pro 7 and

pod x3 live

i am encurring a problem while rec. thru USB

after the patch is been recorded and when i lisen to it

there is a hiss sound constantly in the backdrop of the patch recorded

insted of silent and noise free recording  a disturbing constant sound is bugging me

do i need to use any kind of external sound card or a mixer

if not then do i hav to make some internal adjustments in pod x3 live or inthe DAW sony acid pro 7

plz answer ASAP

by bcrichboy08 on 2009-06-13 13:42:32

hey geeker. do u run the x3 live through an amp. if so can u please help me get a godd sound with my pod and a randallrg200g2 212 combo. thanks

by geeker on 2009-06-13 15:08:08

I plug mine into the effects return on my marshall amp and set the X3 Live to poweramp 4x12. It takes some time tweaking to get the sound you like.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.