These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Vetta

analog chorus settings correspondance?
by frac82 on 2010-06-05 02:43:29

if i compared the analog chorus effect modeller to a real stomp box (e.g. Boss CH1) what correspondance there would be with the position of the stompbox knobs?

i.e.: rate 10 Hz = knob at 2 o'clock, 3 o'clock, or somewhat?!?

if you could answer let's writeonly for 5 - 10 - 15 Hz just to get an idea; i'll find the intermediate by myself, clearly! i obviously mean in general, just a few indications...

i'm particularly interested in the rate settings, level and depth are already dispayed as "virtual rotating knobs"...

thanks

RE: analog chorus settings correspondance?
by Kneehow on 2010-06-07 11:33:40

Hi,

You should download GearBox software onto your computer. Run the program and open up the chorus effect. You can actually see the frequency values change with the actual knob position. This should provide you a visual reference for how the effect settings work in the Vetta.

Of course, please know that you cannot control the Vetta using GearBox. I'm just recommended you download and run the program because it's free and it'll provide you a quick visual reference to the knob positions to the corresponding frequency values...

Regards,

L6Perry

Re: RE: analog chorus settings correspondance?
by jvblack on 2010-06-07 13:11:28

Of course, you CAN control the Vetta with Line6 Edit,

and you CAN set the chorus rate in Hertz for both/either

the stompbox choruses or the post mod effect's choruses inside Edit...

You can also lock the rate of those choruses to tap tempo...

If you have the FBV you can control the rate of a chorus

with one of the expression pedals in real time...

I'm pretty sure (though i haven't tried it because i build patches with Edit)

that you can set the rate in hertz from the controls of the vetta itself...

Seems like a no-brainer to me...

Just a thought,

Joe

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.