These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Lowdown

Volume issue with LD300
by ccljordan on 2010-06-08 22:48:40

I just bought a new LD300 today and not sure if there is something wrong with it.  The volume seems to be weak for such a powerful amp.  For example I have the amp set on manual, the Channel Volume is at max and the Master is at max, the Drive is low/off, the amp model is Clean.  I am sitting two feet from the amp and I would expect the volume to be extremely loud for 300w but it's just not and infact the tone is not at all clear, somewhat scratchy.  I plug my bass guitar into my Line 6 spider III 75w unit and it's way louder.....am I missing something with the settings or could this be a faulty amp?

RE: Volume issue with LD300
by AndyParedes on 2010-06-10 09:18:46

Hello,

If the drive is "off" the amp will not have much output - try raising the drive a bit to see what you get, and see the following link for more information on balancing your presets:

Creating and Balancing Tones

http://line6.com/community/docs/DOC-4537

Re: RE: Volume issue with LD300
by stephenbolton on 2013-01-19 11:59:18

Hi could you please recoment any settings, i like a good punchy sound but am so dissapointed im not getting it....Thank you....Steve

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.