These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Riffworks Line 6 / Standard Edition

Error Activating Riffworks, "Transaction Failed. Reason: (Code 80003020) License key sent to Server was not in the proper format.
by greenetw on 2010-06-09 13:46:54

I just purchased Riffworks and I'm following the instrcutions to go into Monkey and activate the purchase by typing in the "license code" I received when I purchased the product online. But I keep getting the error in the subject line above. It suggests that I turn off pop up blockers, anti-virus and anti-spyware software, which I've done, but that doesn't work. Please help - I have a riff in my head that I desperately need to save!

I'm running:

Windows XP

Pod X3 Live

Monkey v1.33

Riffworks 2 Line 6 Edition

RE: Error Activating Riffworks, "Transaction Failed. Reason: (Code 80003020) License key sent to Server was not in the proper format.
by Line6Hugo on 2010-06-10 10:18:45

Greenetw,

You actually purchased the Riffworks Standard 2.5 software, so you will need to follow the installation instructions at the following document:

http://line6.com/community/click.jspa?searchID=531814&objectType=102&objectID=1622

The Riffworks Standard installation has nothing to do with the Line 6 Monkey software as it is a different procedure.

Regards,

Line6Hugo

Re: RE: Error Activating Riffworks, "Transaction Failed. Reason: (Code 80003020) License key sent to Server was not in the proper format.
by greenetw on 2010-06-10 19:45:08

Thanks,

I figured that out after I posted my question. Considering that I made my purchase from Line 6, it seems odd that I wouldn't be using the "Line 6 Edition". Apparently I'm not the only one confused by this. You might want to specify that in the install instructions, and perhaps ask the Riffworks guys to put it into their error code. I wasted a lot of time trying to turn off AV, pop-ups, etc. Very annoying.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.