These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Spider Jam

foot pedals.....which are compatable with spider jam
by jlaselle on 2010-06-09 20:10:59

Which foot pedals are compatable with the spider jam..  What are the options and which gives the best overall functionability?

Jim

Re: foot pedals.....which are compatable with spider jam
by joegillespie on 2010-06-10 01:51:07

The FBV Express and FBV Shortboard are suitable for the Spider Jam. Both will give full controll over recording/looping, tuning, tap tempo, volume and wah. The difference is only in the number of USER presets you can access from the pedal.

The Shortboard can access all 9 banks of 4 USER preset tones from the pedal.

The Express pedal can only access one bank of 4 USER tones at a time.

If you play live and need easy access to more than 4 tones, the Shortboard is the way to go. Don't be confused by the MKI/MKII classifications. As far as the Spider Jam is concerned, they are identical in function.

by Avengeror on 2010-06-12 10:02:24

I am having trouble with New Shortboard not functioning with my New Spider Jam. I have up-graded firmware to 2.09 and it still doesn't work. The pedal lights up, but the pedal and none of the buttons work. I read on forum that firmware up-grade should make shortboard pedal work. I guess I'll have to contact technical support to get dialed in.

by joegillespie on 2010-06-13 01:05:59

You may have to calibrate the pedal

http://www.guitars101.com/forums/f81/line6-fbv-shortboard-41204.html

by bluesdelux on 2010-06-18 10:23:20

does the fbv express mkII pedal have the ability to turn effects on/off with the spider jam?

by Buy-a-Fender on 2010-06-18 10:53:22

not really switching effects on/off - it allows you to select from user presets programmed in the amp or you can use the foot switches to control recording/playback functions.

the volume pedal can be switched from volum  eto wah

both express and shortboard have same functionality - shortboard just gives you more user presets to switch among

by bluesdelux on 2010-06-18 11:03:15

I guess the work around would be to have the footswitches set up so that one has the effect on, and the other off.  Is there any delay between switching?

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.