These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: BackTrack / MIDI Mobilizer

MIDI Mobilizer for Android?
by midiperc on 2010-06-14 07:44:33

Any plans for an Android version of MIDI Mobilizer?

Thanks,

midiperc

Re: MIDI Mobilizer for Android?
by sofnwhat on 2010-06-14 09:41:43

I just got the Android Evo and was wondering the same thing.

by djk314 on 2010-08-20 18:56:26

Same here on Desire....

by Fl4sh on 2011-02-01 11:08:26

I'd buy one, too...

by moskapirata on 2011-02-09 05:37:37

Me too

by TheRealZap on 2011-02-09 05:52:31

i have a droidx and i'd be as happy to see this as anyone...

i think its unlikely though....

given that all the apple hardware is the same it was a much easier undertaking...

androids do not have a unified type dock connector and also have a wide range of specs.

i'd suggest entering the request here:

http://line6.com/company/contact/productfeedback/

and let the genius engineers at line6 have a go at it.

by Crusty_Old_Rocker on 2011-02-19 21:44:23

It's actually not as complex as it might seem.

Android phones have USB ports and MIDI/USB interfaces are plentiful (although I do prefer the good quality ones).

All that's required is for the manufacturer of the MIDI/USB interface to write a driver for the Android phones.  Then a simple Mini or Micro USB to standard USB adapter would be all that's needed to get data going from the phone's USB port to the MIDI/USB adapter.

Then its up to the app developers to build programs that will use the interface.

What makes the MIDI Mobilizer so unique is that it goes into the iPod (proprietary Apple) interface.  Any device that has a USB port, won't require such an interface, it will just need drivers for a MIDI/USB interface.  The only concern would be the device deliering sufficient power to the MIDI/USB interface.

Cheers,

Crusty

by duncandisorderly on 2011-03-03 05:44:03

I'd love to see this too. my suspicion is that the smaller android devices (like my dell streak) wouldn't push out enough mA to satisfy the adaptor. in the meantime, anything I make in budgerigar (android midi seq) I can export & email to myself, then pick up in the ipad for delivery into the hardware toys.

btw, crusty, are you steve hillage? do I win a fiver? :-)

d.

by hansvaneven on 2011-10-10 07:45:20

Seems that IK Multimedia has started development for Android , take a look at this forum :

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=553

Best,

Hans

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.