These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: M5 / M9 / M13

Issues when using the M13 looper feature...
by dragonflyX on 2010-06-21 14:25:34

So, I want to first start off saying that I love my M13. I just ran into something that has me stumped. When I first started using my M13, I was able to start a loop going and then change my sound and play on top of the loop that is already playing. Now, when are start a loop playing and try to change my sound to play/solo on top of the loop... it changes the "looped" sound to the sound/fx that I selected to play on top of the loop. I'm not sure if I changed a setting that I didn't know about, but I miss being able to record a "clean" loop and play a "dirty" solo on top of the loop. Hopefully you guys can help me out.

Thanks,

Josiah

Re: Issues when using the M13 looper feature...
by JackOtrades on 2010-06-21 15:21:13

Toggle/switch between the "pre" and "post" that oughta do it. That threw me at first as well.

by dragonflyX on 2010-06-22 04:53:58

Are you talking about the Pre/Post button when using the Looper? I tried that and it doesn't change anything. I have my M13 going straight into a Fender Twin. I am not using the FX send/returns at all. So, when I hit the Pre/Post button... I just lose my effects because it's trying to send it post (through the fx send).

by phil_m on 2010-06-22 04:59:58

The first reply was correct.  The pre/post switch on the looper doesn't have anything to do with the fx loop (well at least not directly).  That switch essentially dictates where the looper is in the M13's effects chain.  If you have it set to pre, the looper will be in front of all the M13 effects, so when if you record a loop, it is essentially recording a dry signal.  If you change your effects after recording a loop, these effects will be applied to a loop.  If you have the loop set to post, it comes after all the effects on the M13, so whatever effects you have on at the time you record your loop will be recorded with the loop.  If you want to record a loop with certain effects, then change the effects for the overdubs or live sound, you should have the looper set to post.

by dragonflyX on 2010-06-22 05:49:57

Sweet! I will give this a try and make sure it works.

Thanks for the help guys.

by janethorson on 2010-08-03 18:12:52

Phil and Jack,

Along these lines, can i play phrase into looper, listen back and try different effects on it while it continues to loop?  I want my hands free and the loop going so i can work quicker. Is this possible?

by phil_m on 2010-08-03 18:49:28

It's totally possible.  Just set the looper to pre (green LED on the pre/post button), record the loop, and then you can apply any effect you like.  Your loop will be recorded dry, so any effects can be added or removed in realtime.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.