These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Urgent UX8 Trouble Powering On and Responding to Input
by Andy2108 on 2010-07-09 10:16:19

So, some backround.  Running a UX8 in my studio on a Windows 7 computer.  Its all compatable and has all worked for the past year.  Im now out of warranty and have my band comming over in an hour to lay down some drum tracks.

So whats up?  Well, the only way to turn the thing on (aka, have lights come on) is to unplug it from wall power, put on/off swich in on position, connect usb cable (reguardless of pc), attach wall power, and then pull out the usb cable.  There are no other combinations of events that will make the lights come on.

After "the lights are on", everything is normal except the computer cant see it even with the usb cable plugged in, the uv meters dont respond, and the the mute button on main 1-2 doesnt light up the led, and the power button does nothing.  +70v phantom power does work, or the LED comes on.

The only kind of feedback its giving me is the chanel 1-8 red clip led's are lighting up one by one, and then moving from left to right.  Its hard to explain with words, but the light is just going from left to right.  If you know what Im talking about then youll get it.

Please say my hardware isnt screwed.  Not only is it out of warranty, but I need it later today.

PS: There were some rain storms around the time this started happening, but im pretty sure they (and our house power) didnt affect it because theres a whole bunch of other equipment hooked to the same strip, so would Line 6 have cut corners on power protection?

Thanks for your help.

Re: Urgent UX8 Trouble Powering On and Responding to Input
by Andy2108 on 2010-07-09 11:32:39

So nobody has any sort of input?  C'mon, Line 6 made this forums runaround so we couldnt call them.  Now whats up? 

Re: Urgent UX8 Trouble Powering On and Responding to Input
by Line6Hugo on 2010-07-13 09:56:48

Andy,

If you are having problems with powering up the UX8 or certain functions do not work properly, there must be a hardware problem with the unit and would need to be taken to an authorized service center for repair:

http://line6.com/support/serviceCenters/

Regards,

Line6Hugo

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.