These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

I am buying a used UX2 w/ Pod Farm from Musicians Friend
by gregmoore on 2010-07-12 10:51:28

Does anyone know? :

I am purcahsing a used UX2 w/ Pod Farm from Musicians Friend today and and told that I will qualify for the free Pod Farm 2 upgrade.  I am not sure how that is possible as the Pod Farm has probably already been activated by the previous owner.  I just want to make sure that I will have ful transfer of ownership and full  free upgrade to version 2 of Pod Farm.  That is the main reason I am purchasing this unit.  I currently have a Line6 PODxT and a Line6 Vetta upgraded w/ Digital interface and II software.  I also have a POD X3 Live and 3 Variax Guitars.  I would hope I would qualify for the free upgrade :-)

Thank you,

Greg Alan Moore

greg@gregalanmoore.com

Re: I am buying a used UX2 w/ Pod Farm from Musicians Friend
by Line6Tony on 2010-07-13 14:51:41

Greg, there's no way for us to tell if the UX2 was registered, along with the POD Farm license that goes with it, unless we had the serial number. The free upgrade is dependent upon the registration, and the licenses remain on the account of the previous registrant. If that's the case, the license remains on the device and can be used by you, but if you accidentally open initiate a transfer or there's some glitch that requires a reset of the license, you'd lose access to the license. We suggest buying a new unit to circumvent any potential issues.

Re: I am buying a used UX2 w/ Pod Farm from Musicians Friend
by gregmoore on 2010-07-26 13:55:12

Hi L6 Tony,

Problem was - I had already purchased the NON-RETURNABLE POD STUDIO UX2 so had to take my chances LOL.  The POD FARM was in the UX2 and showed as ready to be activated, so I did. POD FARM 2 was also showing as available and once downloaded from Monkey, it was also showing as ACTIVATED.

Problem is with this unit itself...it is a new unit, not used.  It was a FLOOR MODEL but new.  Was missing a few things, that's all.  BUT, It doesn't work correctly at all.

All I get from the outputs is LOUD WHITE NOISE. All outputs including Digital.

I have tried this UX2 on 3 completely different computers:

Pentium D 3.0 Ghz 4 Gb Ram, XP sp2

P4 2.2 Ghz 4 Gb RAM, Win7 32bit

AMD Turion64 laptop 1.8 Ghz 1 Gb RAM Vista Sp1

All have the following conditions sets;

NO OTHER USB DEVICE CONNECTED

ALL USB PORTS have been TRIED

ALL WIRELESS NET DISCONNECTED

ANY OTHER SOUND CARD DISABLED / DISCCONECTED

TRIED 5 different USB CABLES

TRIED w/ and w/o Powered Hub

Used 4 different known good guitar cables / mic cables / mics

(phantom and non-phantom)

Plugged in and unplugged Analog outs / digital out / headphones

Re-installoed USB Firmware into UX2

Uninstalled / reinstalled (many times) All DRIVERS

IN CONTROL PANEL for LINE6 have tried all different SOURCE INPUTS

ALL BUFFER / SAMPLES Sizes

Always try a fresh restart after changes

Have tried w/

GEARBOX

POD FARM

POD FARM 2

and as stand alone sound card in Windows

VU will only recongnize WINDOWS playback / sounds as input

VU's will NOT RECOGNISE any input signal other than SLIGHT from MIC1 / MIC2 / MIC STEREO if 48+ is enabled w/ MXL990

and only when VU's are showing PEGGED from WHITE NOISE

WHITE NOISE shows in Mixer as Mysterious INPUT but not from any known source - can mute all inputs / nothing plugged in / GAIN knobs turned all the way down.  Turning dow the OUTPUT in the MIXER shows that the WHITE NOISE is also attenuated BUT it is STILL FULL BLAST all the tme out of the outputs

So...what do I do?  Musicians Friend will not allow a return on it.  It's new.

SO, can I send it to LINE6 for repair / replacement?

Is there a simple fix I am missing?

Thanks for your help Tony,

Greg Alan Moore

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.