These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

POD Farm 2 free download
by EwanM on 2010-07-12 13:59:31

I've just purchased a Line 6 Studio GX and installed all software including Monkey. The website states I am eligible for a free upgrade to POD Farm 2. In Monkley Optional Add-Ons it shows POD Farm 2 Activated with a green tick beside it. When I click on the Updates tab it shows POD Farm 2 "Installed", "No". I have tried highlighting it and clicking "Update Selection" and it looks like it's downloading but never actualy finishes, it gets so far then freezes

Any suggestions/help please?

EwanM

Re: POD Farm 2 free download
by ricksox on 2010-07-13 15:05:39

Hello,

I'm not sure why Line 6 Monkey is freezing on you. Have you tried just going directly to our software downloads page and downloading it from there?

http://line6.com/software/

Line6Miller

Re: POD Farm 2 free download
by EwanM on 2010-07-15 11:57:43

Hi thanks for the reply.

I've downloaded Pod Farm 2 direct from the website as you suggested. If I open Pod Farm it's still showing version 1.12. When I open Monkey in the Optional Add-Ons tab it shows Pod Farm 2 "Activated" with a green tick. When I go to the "Updates" tab it shows Pod Farm 2 under applications but states "Installed" no. How do I install Pod Farm 2, if I go into the "Optional Add-Ons" tab and highlight Pod Farm 2 and click on the "Activate Purchase" button I then get asked for a licence key. If I go into the "Updates" tab and highlight Pod Farm 2 I then have the option to update selection.

How do I actually install Pod Farm 2? Do I need a licence key? When I downloaded Pod Farm 2 should a Set-Up Wizard have started?

Regards

Ewan

RE: POD Farm 2 free download
by Kneehow on 2010-07-15 14:20:31

Hi,

You'd download the POD Farm 2 Installer here: http://line6.com/software/readeula.html?rid=3141

But after the file is saved from the Internet, you'll need to run the installer program to put all the POD Farm 2 software files onto your computer.

You verified that the POD Farm 2 authorization (in Monkey) is already activated (green check mark in Optional/Add-Ons).

Regards,

L6Perry

Re: RE: POD Farm 2 free download
by EwanM on 2010-07-16 14:06:43

How do you run the Installer?

I have Windows 7.

When Pod Farm 2 downloaded the window closed and there was no Set Up Wizard or anything else that opened. When I look in my Program Files there is no sign of Pod Farm 2 or any Installer.

Regards

Ewan

by Kneehow on 2010-07-16 14:51:56

Hi,

Do a search on your computer for POD Farm v2.00 Installer.exe. Or, browse to your Downloads folder, possibly your Documents folder. It depends on where your Internet Browser program's preferences for download location is set to, but that file is somewhere on your hard drive. Once you find it, double-click to begin the installation wizard.

Regards,
L6Perry

by EwanM on 2010-07-17 03:09:34

I got it, the first time I downloaded it I chose to "Run" program, I did it again but this time but chose "Save" program to my Downloads where I then successfully ran the program.

So it's all up and working now, thanks very much for you're help.

Ewan

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.