These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Variax Guitars / Bass / Workbench

Variax my variax600..the piezo/sensor is not functiong well and some of my string never prod uce any sound...i had been facing the same problem for 4 times..i've have send the guitar authorised centre and it's seems to be ok,but i'm afraid it might happ
by syahjunior on 2010-07-14 09:30:57

reply to my variax 600
by amx05462 on 2010-07-18 10:45:49

sounds  like  bad  solder   joints  or   bad  ground   to the  pickups.  check  the  internal connections  and  be   sure  there  tight  also  check  the   pickup solder  joints  at the  bridge  pcb   for    a poor  solder  joint  (  if its  either  very dull  or  the  wires  are  loose.  check the cable connectors  for the  bridge  on  both  ends.  chances  are  they  have  replaced   bad  pickups  for you. if its  working  ok  leave  it  alone  but if  it  malfunctions    above  is a  list   of  what to check.  also be  sure  the   back  of the  pcb  isnt  grounding  against  the  bridge  plate  .  you can  put a  piece  of tape  between the   two to stop  that  problem.  one  more  thing  the  center  screw   on your  bridge  plate   is the  one  that  holds  the   pcb  in  place  and  creates  the  bridge  ground.  make  sure  thats  tight   theres  just a  nut  on it  and it  works  loose. the  last  thing is  when  changing  strings  cut  them off close  to the  bridge   and  pull them  through carefully   they  go through  the pcb   that connects  your  pickups  and  you can  easily rip a  small pickup  wire  out. same  with  putting  in  new  strings  be careful  not to snag a  wire.  again  check  that center   screw  if  its  loose   make  sure  the holes  in the  pcb  are  alighned  with  the  holes  in the  bridge  plate.

variax600...The authorised tech (http://www.ckmusic.com.my/) did a thourough U-Haul on my Variax & diagnosed the problem to some rusted piezos. They would replace the troubled piezos free of charge, but @ a price of my inconvenience. Maybe yourselves
by syahjunior on 2010-07-18 21:57:14

amx05462 wrote:

sounds  like  bad  solder   joints  or   bad  ground   to the  pickups.  check  the  internal connections  and  be   sure  there  tight  also  check  the   pickup solder  joints  at the  bridge  pcb   for    a poor  solder  joint  (  if its  either  very dull  or  the  wires  are  loose.  check the cable connectors  for the  bridge  on  both  ends.  chances  are  they  have  replaced   bad  pickups  for you. if its  working  ok  leave  it  alone  but if  it  malfunctions    above  is a  list   of  what to check.  also be  sure  the   back  of the  pcb  isnt  grounding  against  the  bridge  plate  .  you can  put a  piece  of tape  between the   two to stop  that  problem.  one  more  thing  the  center  screw   on your  bridge  plate   is the  one  that  holds  the   pcb  in  place  and  creates  the  bridge  ground.  make  sure  thats  tight   theres  just a  nut  on it  and it  works  loose. the  last  thing is  when  changing  strings  cut  them off close  to the  bridge   and  pull them  through carefully   they  go through  the pcb   that connects  your  pickups  and  you can  easily rip a  small pickup  wire  out. same  with  putting  in  new  strings  be careful  not to snag a  wire.  again  check  that center   screw  if  its  loose   make  sure  the holes  in the  pcb  are  alighned  with  the  holes  in the  bridge  plate.

variax 600...

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.