These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD 2.0, PODxt Family, Pocket POD, FloorPODs

Help! First time Line6 customer, help setting up and random questions need answered!
by SpeakInVolumes on 2010-07-15 14:58:17

Hello! Hopefully you guys can help me.  I just recently bought a PODxt Live.  I have installed all drivers, Gearbox, and Monkey (v1.33).  For temporary guitar recordings, I am trying to use the processed guitars from the PODxt directly (via USB, as advertised) into the Adobe Audition 3.0 DAW.  I have had several problems in trying to do so, and also problems in setting up Gearbox properly as well.

Here are my issues:

1.  Gearbox doesn't seem to recognize the built-in FX Junkie expansion.  I want to play with and alter the effects to my liking, and I want to do so on the computer... yet Gearbox somehow doesn't notice that the PODxt Live includes FX Junkie.  Am I doing something wrong?

2.  I recently installed Adobe Audition 3.0 for my Windows Vista computer as a temporary way to record guitar tracks.  However, when I plug in the PODxt Live via USB, the INs and OUTs recognize the POD, but no sound comes from Audition.  No processed guitars, no dry clean guitars... not even crackled, horrible sounding guitars.  Nothing.  What's going on?  A large part of the reason I bought this piece of equipments was to not worry about the Amp --> Mic --> DAW setup anymore.

PLEASE help me out.  I am new at this and am still getting my feet wet.

Thank you in advance for all your help.

-Garrett

Re: Help! First time Line6 customer, help setting up and random questions need answered!
by d8veh on 2010-07-16 09:35:20

I can't help you with the Gearbox problem, but the no sound proble is probably because you must plug your pc speakers/headphones into the XTL, not the pc. Can you check this?

Re: Help! First time Line6 customer, help setting up and random questions need answered!
by SpeakInVolumes on 2010-07-16 12:53:10

Yeah I was doing that and there was still no sound, but luckily after some tweaking I figured it out! Thank you though

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.